This summer, Kollaboration Los Angeles will be taking place at the John Anson Ford Amphitheatre in Hollywood, CA on July 13 to showcase fresh talent from the Asian and Pacific Islander (API) community.
The event is hosted by stand up comedian and Kollaboration founder Paul “PK” Kim, with a guest performance by Chinese-American comedian, Jimmy Ouyang, who has been featured on CBS’s hit TV series, “2 Broke Girls,” and named in FunnyorDie’s “Top 30 Comedians Under 30 to Watch”.
Seven up-and-coming musicians hae been selected through a rigorous audition process, and will be competing for a spot at the national finale show in November in front of a live audience and celebrity judges.
This year’s competitor lineup consists of:
- Brooke Taylor – an R&B vocalist featured on Power 106 with DJ Felli Fel, Big Boy’s Neighborhood, and The Steve Harvey Show
- Dave & the Cousins – an up-and-coming indie folk band led by singer/songwriter Dave Cho who can be spotted playing on the well-known Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica
- Jeremy Crooks – a YouTube sensation hailing from Irvine, CA who received national attention dancing on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show”
- Kaitlin Obien – a nationally recognized speech and debate artist who combines her oratorical skills and love for the ukulele to become a versatile musician
- Ms. Laney – a versatile vocalist and performer who utilizes her classical background in pursuance of both opera and contemporary music
- Nate Tao – an L.A. based singer/songwriter known for his smooth, yet powerful R&B pop vocals
- St. Andrew – a classically trained pianist who infuses 20 years of his classical artistry into his pop music
In a little over a decade, Kollaboration has grown tremendously as an organization, with shows in 14 cities across the US and Canada. The organization’s mission remains the same, and seeks to empower and encourage Asian Pacific Islander American and Canadian artists to pursue their passions in mainstream media and inspire future generations to do the same by providing a creative platform through their talent shows.
Tickets for the show start at $15 and go to $40 for VIP tickets. Tickets can be purchased at FordTheatres.org or by calling 323-461-3673 (for non-visual media 323-GO-1-FORD).
You can find out more about the event on the Kollaboration website.