All the important Korean Entertainment news from this week in one place: This is your Weekly Soompi Roundup!
The Korean celebrity world is still suffering from the wedding bug!
- When Lee Sang Soon marries Lee Hyori, the Queen of K-Pop, in September, would that make him the King of K-Pop by marriage?
- If you’re sick with the Korean celebrity wedding fever too, get your fix by checking out the gallery for Kim Jae Won, Jang Yoon Jung, and Han Hye Jin‘s weddings.
- Wonbin and Lee Na Young have confirmed that they are dating, and maybe they will be the next celebrity couple to announce their engagement. Excuse me as I go off and cry that the small chance I had of marrying Wonbin just got even smaller. (ㅠ.ㅠ)
- Baek Ji Young is resting and doing better after her miscarriage. Baek Ji Young, fighting!
- It’s not easy to be an expecting mother in the Korean celebrity world. Park Shi Yeon is still fighting the proposal charges in court while she is seven months pregnant.
- Moon Geun Young named Lee Kwang Soo as her ideal type. Next on “Running Man,” Lee Jong Gook unleashes his jealous wrath on a giraffe.
- Last week’s big news was Se7en and Sangchu not quite getting the “happy ending” they were wanting, and people are wondering if Se7en will sign with YG again now that his contract has ended.
- Los Angeles based K-Pop fans have a chance to hear Girls’ Generation perform the national anthem at a Dodger’s game. The “Star Spangled Banner” is not an easy song to sing, hopefully they won’t be doing something like this.
- Maybe Seohyun will bring her new adorable baby to LA?
- Don’t forget to find your Korean celebrity twin if you are born in July.
The music video of the week goes to MYNAME‘s “Baby I’m Sorry” music video for being like a really cool gangster movie. A Pink made their comeback and had their fans saying “Yes Yes Yes” to their “No No No” video. Davichi did what they do best with a powerful ballad in “Missing You Today.” Jewelry needs to be locked up for stalking ZE:A‘s Hyung Sik in “Hot & Cold.”
Check out the top ten K-Pop videos on YouTube for 2013.
(Before you complain at me, “I Got a Boy” was published on Dec. 31 2012 and even though they have 62 million views, it was not released in 2013 and I can’t break the rules, even for Girls’ Generation.)
You can also watch your favorite artists perform for Music Bank‘s first half of the year special.
1. Your votes count for 70% in deciding the winners. SEVENTY PERCENT! Most other awards shows will let you get a measly 5% or a 25% if they are generous. WE ARE GIVING YOU SO MUCH POWER.
2. This is a great opportunity for international drama fans to make decisions! Are you tired of Koreans having all the fun with their Korean and netizenese? This award show is for you!
3. Clicking is fun. Clicking on pictures is better. Clicking on pictures of handsome actors and actresses is even more fun. Clicking on pictures of handsome actors and actresses is the best when it actually means something!
4. The voting is not limited to Korean dramas. You can vote for your favorite Taiwanese, Japanese, and Chinese actors and actresses. How’s that for diversity?
5. Soompi is awesome. You love Soompi. Soompi loves you. Love is great and makes people want to vote!
That’s all for this week! If you were awesome and already voted leave me a comment below and I’ll “like” it to show my approval of your life’s decisions.