All the important Korean Entertainment news from this week in one place: This is your Weekly Soompi Roundup!
This week in Korean entertainment news…
- Nice save? Awkward save? Lee Hong Ki tried to hide his wardrobe malfunction but ended up looking like he was touching himself the whole time while he was singing.
- MBC and KBS, two of Korea’s top broadcasting companies, have banned the celebrities involved in gambling and propofol scandals from appearing on TV. For some celebrities, this may be worse than a prison sentence.
- Child actress Kim So Hyun became sick due to fatigue and cancelled two days of filming. She’s young! Let her rest!
- Now it’s their turn: Lee Soo Geun, Tak Jae Hoon, and Tony Ahn attended the first of their hearings for their gambling charges.
- Han Hyo Joo‘s former managers admit to the blackmail charge, but they would have to be incredible stupid not to since they were caught red handed.
- Not long after her marriage, Jang Yoon Jung will become a mother!
- Jung Dong Ha and Ahn Sang Tae will be getting married soon (not to each other). This is a first for Jung Dong Ha, and a second for Ahn Sang Tae.
- Director Kim Jo Kwang Soo‘s application to be legally married to his partner, Kim Seung Hwan, has been rejected by the district office. They’ll keep trying, but if anything, they have brought the issue of same-sex marriage up to the headlines.
- Welcome back! Buzz‘s Min Kyung Hoon is back from the military service and going straight into preparing for a new album.
- EXO and A Pink were caught up in a scandal involving an online game, some cussing, but most importantly, a stalkerish EXO fan who recorded a private conversation and then tried to passively blackmail Suho with it. Props to Suho for being cool about it. I feel like the dorky leader earned some street cred.
- In sadder news, Duke‘s Kim Ji Hoon (not the “Flower Boy Neighbor” actor) was found dead in a hotel room in apparent suicide. Most Soompiers may not be familiar with him and his duo, but Duke was an influential group in the early 2000. My condolences go out to his family, and I sincerely hope that suicide will no longer be a regular news headline for our celebrities.
The fashion pictorial of the week goes to Kim Woo Bin’s girlfriend, Yoo Ji Ahn. I know she’s a model so she has to look good, but she looks so beautiful and sexy in this pictorial! I don’t know who is more lucky: Kim Woo Bin or Yoo Ji Ahn. I hope their relationship lasts and they make beautiful tall babies together for the Korean entertainment.
Next…The Christmas songs are rolling in…