Kim Hyun Joong Leaves Police Station after Four Hours, Tells Reporters “I’m Sorry”


Singer Kim Hyun Joong has spoken to the Korean media for the first time since partially admitting that he a physically assaulted his girlfriend. He told reporters, “I am sorry. I will do my best to cooperate with the investigation to the best of my best abilities.”

The singer had been summoned to a police station in the Songpa district of Seoul late on September 2, where he gave a statement and was questioned for around four hours. Kim Hyun Joong left the police station at around 1 a.m. on September 3, where a huge crowd of reporters was waiting.

After the star had left, a police spokesperson told the media, “What Kim Hyun Joong told us was not very different from the statement he has already made through his agency.”

The allegations of repeated assault have been made by a woman whom the media has been asked to refer to as “A.”

“A” has told the authorities she was repeatedly attacked by Kim Hyung Joong, and that the attacks left her with fractured ribs and heavy bruising. In a statement released by the singer’s agency, KeyEast, the singer admitted that there had been one “physical altercation,” but denied “repeated” assault.

Source (1)

See Also:

Kim Hyun Joong Leaves Korea to Attend His Concert in China

Kim Hyun Joong Reportedly Pushing Back Military Enlistment to Next Year, Agency Currently Looking into Matter

“A” Provides Pictures of Injuries Allegedly Caused by Kim Hyun Joong

Kim Hyun Joong Summoned for Testimony, Expected to Take Place in Early September

Dispatch Provides Evidence to Question the Truth of Keyeast’s Statement Regarding Kim Hyun Joong, Agency Responds. 

Kim Hyun Joong’s Agency Releases Official Statement Regarding Assault Charges by Girlfriend