Jang Dong Min Requests to Step Down from “Infinity Challenge” Sixth Man Competition after Controversy

jang dong min

Comedian Jang Dong Min has decided to drop out of the Sixth Man competition on “Infinity Challenge.”

Jang Dong Min’s representative told media outlet Osen on April 14 that “Jang Dong Min has told the ‘Infinity Challenge’ team that he will no longer be participating in their broadcast. He will most likely not make another appearance on the show.”

A representative from “Infinity Challenge” announced that they are currently discussing this issue internally.

Jang Dong Min’s extremely misogynistic remarks on a podcast recorded last year resurfaced as he became one of the final candidates for “Infinity Challenge.” In the podcast, Jang Dong Min, Yoo Se Yoon, and Yoo Sang Moo could be heard talking about women in a derogatory way, putting down women who talked about their past sex life with their partners.

Previously, Jang Dong Min was one of the candidates to become “Infinity Challenge’s” Sixth Man to fill the spot once occupied by comedian Noh Hong Chul. Other contestants included Siwon of Super Junior, Kwanghee of ZE:AHong Jin Kyung, and Kang Kyun Sung of Noel. 

Jang Dong Min himself has apologized for what he said on a recent broadcast of his current radio show, saying, “I am extremely sorry […] I am so sorry that I’ve given everyone such a big disappointment, when you all have supported me all along. […] I will make sure it will never happen again.”

Source: (1) (2)