Computer Keeps Restarting

Guest Zobia

so my computer keeps restarting by itself and windows does not even show, it's just happened today, i don't know if i have a virus or something.

When i turn it on it will load 'till where it shows windows loading then start again form the starting,

it's like a never ending cycle so i had to pull the plug out to turn it off since there was no other way of turning it off.

does anyone know what's going on?

Guest nevets1219

I would go into BIOS and check the hardware temperatures. More often then not overheating is a major cause of reboots. If you are certain it's not the hardware overheating then try booting into Safe Mode and do virus scan and malware/spyware scan.

Guest nevets1219

It's unlikely that it'll overheat that fast but it's worth checking into. BIOS can be reached by pressing DEL (or some other key, it'll tell you on boot). Then just go looking around for it the "hardware monitor" and don't change things you aren't sure of. If you do accidentally changed something, it should ask if you want to save when you exit - just choose NO.

How fast your computer overheats varies from case to case so it's hard to tell but 30 minutes is more than enough for it to overheat.

these are the BIOS results i got

CPU Temperature 32/89F

M/B Temperature 28/82F

CPU Fan Speed 3400RPM

Chassin FAN Speed N/A

Vcore 1.593

+3.30v 3.340v

+5.00v 5.084v

+12.00v 12.516v

what does this mean then? is overheating the problem?

i've tried going on safe mood but it won't let me on, 'start windows normally' won't work either

Guest nevets1219

These results look pretty normal. Have you let it wait for about 5minutes in BIOS? Then look at the temperature, if it stays about the same then overheating (at least with motherboard and CPU) isn't the cause.

Do you hear clicking from your hard drives? It could possibly also be a memory problem. If you have multiple sticks of RAM, try unplugging one and booting up and try the same for the other one.

Safe Mode isn't that fast so you might want to give it some time to load up. Unless it's giving you some error messages?

so i start my pc then press F8 and select safe mode but a blue screen comes up saying this

A problen has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer

IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer

If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If there is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufaturer for any windows updates you might need

If problems continue, disbale or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable any BIOS memory options suh as caching or shadowing. If you need safe mode to remove or disbale components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advaned Startup options, and then select safe mode

Technical Information:

***STOP:00x0000000A(0xFB077354, 0x000000FF, 0x00000001, 0x8050FD7F)

this is what i get on the windows advanced options:

safe mode

safe mode with networking

safe mode with comand prompt

enable boot loging

enable VGA mode

Last known good configuration ( your most recent settings that worked)

Directory services restart mode (windows domain controllers only)

Debugging mode

Start windows normally

Reboot

Return to OS choices menu

i've tried to start windows normally, safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt and last known good configuration. None of these work, i just end up a black screen saying

'windows did not start successfully .......... '
and gives a list similar to above about staring in safe mode, safe mode with networking...

but then i end up with the blue sreen agian

how do i unplug RAM?

Archived