Your Bf/gf Is Someone You Met At A Dating Site

Guest Tommy.L

Guest Tommy.L

so my friend got a bf. i've been wanting her to get a bf for a long time since she seems so lonely and she's already getting a stable job and in her 20s so i'm supposed to be happy for her. but she told me they met on an online dating site! i was like wth that's a sad way to meet your bf/gf. it just seems like people who go there are...desperate? iunno what do you guys think? meeting another person on the internet is okay depending on the circumstances. but to meet each other online purposely through an online dating site seems desperate imo. sounds kind of loser-ish too because it seems like she can't find a bf by herself outside of the internet.

what do you guys think?

Guest ミ★♫윤아♫&#973

As long as he's a nice guy and they've met, it's fine. If they have chemistry and they actually have feelings for each other, I see no problem in it. I mean, it's her life. I can see that you're a really caring friend but anyone can find love in the strangest places.

Get with the times. :P A significant portion of young professionals now a days who opt to date use online dating sites. You have a much larger applicant pool of potential persons of interests and it enables you to pre-screen potential mates, without investing large quantities of time.

Guest writerstale

What matters is your friend is happy. No need to look down on her, because of where she met the guy. Instead of looking down on her. Be a positive friend, and be happy for her.

Guest super cool snail

I read somewhere that one out of every eight relationship, they started online

it's more common that you'd think so give her a break

I mean, unless you are a conformist just trying to stay with traditions

Guest KJI12345

I think okcupid is fine... perhaps easier to fine out basic facts and interests about people than if you met them irl. More ways to start conversations.

Now if only more of the people I messaged replied. :P

Guest mmitsjojo

If you're her friend you should be supporative of her decision. Not everybody who signs up for these online dating websites are desperate, there are those who simply don't have the time to go and meet people because of busy lifestyles, but feel its the time to find a s/o. Its not always a desperation but the ease. The internet just makes everything easier but everyone should always be careful of who they meet online as there are a few weirdos out there and not everyone might be what they seem to be, so always take caution when meeting people off the net.

meeting people is meeting people. it doesn't matter where you meet them. at least she's putting herself out there and not staring at an online forum like i am.

Guest mangchilo

Dating sites actually have some advantages. For one thing, the people are single and are more likely to tell you upfront what kind of relationship they're looking for. Also, as other people have already pointed out, online dating is a way to broaden the field and meet people you would never have met otherwise but who might be very compatible with you. I'd rather meet a guy off an online dating site than in a sketchy bar, anyway. Sure, some people might be desperate, but others might just be busy, not have a lot of opportunities to get out and meet eligible people, or be frustrated by the traditional dating scene for one reason or another. Even if she were desperate, if she finds a guy who works for her via online dating, she's still won, not lost. What's the problem? Her finding a boyfriend is happy and not sad regardless of how they met. It's all the same in the end once they've dated in person, anyway, because by that point he's become someone she's met in person and hit it off with. The online portion is just the first step.

Get with the times. :P A significant portion of young professionals now a days who opt to date use online dating sites. You have a much larger applicant pool of potential persons of interests and it enables you to pre-screen potential mates, without investing large quantities of time.
You really have this whole online dating thing figured out doncha? :)

Guest ShadowMax76

these days

convenience = happiness

eh. as long as two people meet.

lol. "myspace is the new hook up" thingy... gah. i forgot the line. >.>"

_ o_O' and dammit... someone else beat me to the "o-0' isn't it a bit sad someone's asking online people for their opinion? "

that comment aside.

:] we're all a bit sad. Haha.

I dont think its loserish at all.

Really as some people have already said its kinda convenient to meet people you cant meet in the "real world". And if your lifestyle is really busy like piled with work or unnattractive people haha then it might work out :sweatingbullets:

it's not loserish at all. I guess it makes it easier for people to find other partners if they aren't very social and shy.

My boyfriend and i met through a friend of a friend. We just never seen each other in person until last year.

but you should be happy for her. Its better than having her meet her bf off myspace.

Guest getxinfatuated

The funniest thing is that I used to thought online dating sites where for desperate anti social people, too. But seriously, I grew to be more open minded and realize that at this day and age, it's an alternative for many. The point is to communicate with someone ure interested in and plan dates. Similar to a stranger asking for urn number. Of course if u have common sense then u would know that you always have to have a level of guard up just like u would with anyone u didn't know much about. You'll be surprise at how many decent (for lack of better word) people are enrolled on online dating sites purely because they are looking for certain types, hates the bar n club scene, or simply honestly don't have time.

For you to judge ur friend like that is rude. Instead of showing ur prejudice, why don't you get more infomation and make sure that she is careful before getting into anything serious or personal with him. Like anything else, there are bad people out there, so you just hAve to be careful and smart when ure meeting new people, whether it's someone that asked for ur number at the bar or someone who asked for ur sn or email.

Guest claire.rawr

-___- its the 21st century... get over it.

i met someone i like on here.. my ex through xanga..now both arent dating sites but still online..

Archived