[drama 2005] Rosy Life 장미빛 인생

purpletiger86

[KBS] Choi Jin-Shil, Sohn Hyun-joo, Lee Tae-ran, Jang Dong-jhik

0822-rose.gif

synopsis Maeng Sun-yi sacrificed her childhood and youth to taking care of her father, who started drinking heavily after her mother abandoned them when she was 10, and her two younger siblings. She even gave up her own education because she had to work hard to earn her siblings tuitions. She is married to a guy named Ban Sung-moon, her five years junior, and has two daughters with him. Her life continues to present her with endless hardships but she just believes that that is happiness. One day her husband falls in love with an attractive divorced woman and demands a divorce from Sun-yi. Sun-yi's younger sister, Maeng Young-yi, is a successful career woman. She dates her first love Lee Jung-do, who is now married to another woman and who broke up with her for the sake of his career in the past. Finally, Sun-yi's younger brother, Chul-soo, earns his doctorate degree in the United States and settles down there, completely ignoring his responsibility of taking care of his father. Just to make things worse, Sun-yi is one day diagnosed with cancer, which to her is tantamount to a death sentence. After learning about her disease, her husband reflects on himself and shows her the genuine meaning of marital love.

CAST

about_cast1.jpgabout_cast2.jpgabout_cast3.jpgabout_cast6_2.jpg Starring: Choi Jin-Shil, Sohn Hyun-joo, Lee Tae-ran, Jang Dong-jhik

Choi Jin-shil as Maeng Sun-yi - An ordinary housewife married to a man five years her junior, with whom she has two daughters. Her difficult childhood taught her the value of money, which she knows better than anyone else. After years of working tirelessly, she saves enough money to buy her first home in an upscale apartment building. But on the 10th anniversary of their wedding, her husband demands a divorce from her. Sohn Hyun-joo as Ban Sung-moon - Sung-moon is Sun-yi's husband, who falls head over heels in every woman he ever happens to love. He decides to leave his wife, who treats him as a reckless younger brother, for an attractive and cute woman who arouses in him his instinct to protect, and tries to find genuine love in her. Lee Tae-ran as Maeng Young-yi - Young-yi is the younger sister of Sun-yi, who raised her after their mother left them. She has a cold-headed and self-assertive personality, and does not believe in marriage. She dates a married man who used to be her first love. Jang Dong-jhik as Lee Jung-do - Jung-do is a high-ranking public servant who left the love of his life, Young-yi, for a rich woman and married her. His future plan is to become a politician. Credits: Picture from Yahoo Search & KBS http://contents.kbs.co.kr/program/program_...7&isBroadcast=Y

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i watched up to 8 last night & geez ... it's getting depressing. it's like all the bad things that could happen did and must happen to cjs. i remember earlier on someone mentioned something about the writer trying hard to make the viewer feel sorry for meng-soon ... i must say i have to agree. i already feel sorry for her ... do they need to add more?

the older folks provide comic relief from an otherwise stressful drama.

is there any difference between ltr/married lover and cjs's husband with his lover? does it make any difference if you think you have a prior claim over the person or that you're in that relationship not to break his marriage or expecting more? he is still someone else's husband. is it better to gather evidence & sue them for adultery or go hysterical & emotional over it or to just walk away from it all with your dignity intact?

meng-soon's younger daughter is just so adorable.

i watched up to 8 last night & geez ... it's getting depressing. it's like all the bad things that could happen did and must happen to cjs. i remember earlier on someone mentioned something about the writer trying hard to make the viewer feel sorry for meng-soon ... i must say i have to agree. i already feel sorry for her ... do they need to add more?

the older folks provide comic relief from an otherwise stressful drama.

is there any difference between ltr/married lover and cjs's husband with his lover? does it make any difference if you think you have a prior claim over the person or that you're in that relationship not to break his marriage or expecting more? he is still someone else's husband. is it better to gather evidence & sue them for adultery or go hysterical & emotional over it or to just walk away from it all with your dignity intact?

meng-soon's younger daughter is just so adorable.

i think that 'war of the roses' or rosy life is just too melodramatic for comfort. the character of choi jin shil is pathetic enough why must they make her look like a beggar. i mean there is just no dignity left in her character. in her case, she should walk away from her marriage, rebuild her life and have some massive makeover. about lee taeran's character, she should be made to realize that marriage is a commitment and therefore she has no claims over her lover(he being married to somebody else). he is not legally committed to her. yes, i think the wife should gather evidence and sue them for adultery. why should anyone get away with it. why get married and then cheat later on, marriage is a commitment and a serious business.

anyway it feels weird reading only a page. what happens now to the previous posts? gone forever?. sayang!(that's tagalog for regrets)

I just started watching this drama too and I am now in episode 4...I always felt pity for Choi Jin-shil's character (I commend her for her acting) everytime I watch this drama...I hope that the writers would not make her life miserable until the end of the story...and it's a good thing that the 2 grandmas provide the icebreaker in every episode

Guest belarus*

its such a good drama and a tearjerker.

i love the dongseng of choi jin shil cause she and that guy are so sweet together. (even though he's married)

who is the ahjumma/grandma woman that lives w/ cjw's husbands family next door?

also

spoilers below w/ question

how come ltr and the guy she had an affair w/ end up in jail?

is it a crime to have an affair in korea?

thought it was weird... i mean imagine if u could actually do that here...

tons of people would be in jail for it...

wah! Look at the ratings!!

Ratings for EP 13

National: 1. 수목드라마<장밋빛인생> KBS2 36.9

Seoul: 1. 수목드라마<장밋빛인생> KBS2 37.1

the only mini-drama from any station to make it to the top 20s...w/ it being #1!

oh wow ... the ratings!!! :o

who is the ahjumma/grandma woman that lives w/ cjw's husbands family next door?

also

spoilers below w/ question

how come ltr and the guy she had an affair w/ end up in jail?

is it a crime to have an affair in korea?

thought it was weird... i mean imagine if u could actually do that here...

tons of people would be in jail for it...

i replied you before soompi lost the old database but i guess i have to type it again. :lol:

btw ... it's cjs and not cjw?

the old lady with the flamboyant dressing who lives with cjs's husband family next door is her husband's father's mistress/2nd wife?

apparently from watching a few kdramas ... yes, you could sue your husband for adultery with another woman in korea ... i suppose provided you have proof of it? ltr in one of the episode told cjs to do that to her husband but cjs refused to because her husband will lose his job and have a record for going to jail? i guess not many women will do it for various reasons even if they discover their husband had an affair otherwise the jail will be really full? :lol:

question question...hopefully someone who's been watching ep 13 can help me out here...

Is that mistress of the husband swindling him and after getting what she needs is going to leave him? How come I've seen her with that old (white-haired) man so many times?

oh wow ... the ratings!!! :o

i replied you before soompi lost the old database but i guess i have to type it again. :lol:

btw ... it's cjs and not cjw?

the old lady with the flamboyant dressing who lives with cjs's husband family next door is her husband's father's mistress/2nd wife?

apparently from watching a few kdramas ... yes, you could sue your husband for adultery with another woman in korea ... i suppose provided you have proof of it? ltr in one of the episode told cjs to do that to her husband but cjs refused to because her husband will lose his job and have a record for going to jail? i guess not many women will do it for various reasons even if they discover their husband had an affair otherwise the jail will be really full? :lol:

thanks!!!

oh and sorry, its cjw and not cjs (TYPO!!)

cant wait til ltr gets together w/ ngm... she needs to throw that other guy out on his butt!!

question question...hopefully someone who's been watching ep 13 can help me out here...

Is that mistress of the husband swindling him and after getting what she needs is going to leave him? How come I've seen her with that old (white-haired) man so many times?

i'm kinda confused aboutr this too..

but here is my take on it (read below)

at first i thought she was conning the old guy out of money

but now i think thatshe is scamming cjw's husband

i think that old guy said that he would marry her if she had no debt

maybe she is using cjw's husband to get a loan to pay it off

so that she can marry the rich old man

this is my guess

i hope she dumps him - just cuz he's so retarded and is stupid enough to not see right through this woman who is totally using him... UGH!!! and how he treats her son better than his own kids... its so sad...

i wish i could see cjw not so frumpy like now, but sexy

just so that her stupid husband can see what he's missing

hope she doesnt die either...

anyone have the song that's play towards the end of EP 14 (male singer)...it SO remind me of the one song that is played during the Jangsu & Eunpa's scenes from Terms of Endearment!

edit: just quickly listened to partial clips from the OST, and I believe it's track 9...the listed singer is: 이정현 [팝페라] (weird how I did a search and it comes up a female singer...unless there's someone else that also goes by this...maybe that's why "[팝페라]" is followed after the name.

Archived