Do You Judge People...

Guest fake smile.

Guest fake smile.

who wear circle lens/eyelid tape?
so, there is a girl in my school who started wearing circle lens and eyelid tape.

before, she was very average, plain jane looking but now she looks a lot cuter.

my friends and i were talking about her and they just kept on dissing her for being fake.

they were like "omg, she's so average looking without lenses and double eyelids!" etc.

my friend said that she feels sorry for any guy who goes out with her because if she takes off the lenses and tape he'll probably dump her. =__=

(i think they are a bit jealous of her..hahah ;])

i personally think if someone wants to wear circle lens or eyelid tape, there isn't anything wrong with it.

if it makes them feel better about themselves i don't think its in our place to judge.

what are your thoughts on this? (:

do you believe a person who wears circle lens or eyelid tape is 'fake'?

lol random topic :>

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Namine

yea its fake.

but theres nothing wrong with it.

i mean, maybe i'm just saying it but they're just jealous.

its just like putting on makeup, you are SO fake if you put on makeup?

i dont think so.

contact lenses + eyelid tape is just like makeup

so GET OVER IT GIRLS.

people want to look better.

you wear uhhhh a skirt versus those sweatpants because it makes you look better

you wear heels/flats rather than sneakers because you want to present yourself better at somewhere professional perhaps.

you wear.... circle lenses because your eyes are bigger/brighter looking and its cuter in your opinion.

eyelid tape makes yourself look better perhaps.

not everyone likes their own lid.

=/

Guest jaejuu

Its the same as how people call girls who cake on make-up are fake. Once they remove it all people would probably not recognize them haha. People do all sorts of things to enhance beauty and eyelid tape and circle lenses are just one of the many things people do to look beautiful. I personally would not really care, its up to the person.

Guest Moshiness

Well I actually have never seen anyone wore eyelid tape yet in person, just circle lenses. If I did see someone with eyelid tape, I can't help but stare. But I wouldn't be like "omg she is so fake, gross", I wouldn't judge her, but I would point it out and be like "hey she wears eyelid tape, neat". LOL but of course it's fake, if it wasn't naturally there when you were born, what makes it real? But to diss someone who wears it, I don't think it's any of our business.

Guest RYUUSEi

I haven't met anybody that wears eyelid tape, and I don't think I would be able to tell anyways, I'm not good with stuff like that.

Edit: To answer your question, no, I would not judge a person just because he/she wears eyelid tape, colored contacts, circle lenses etc. I know I wouldn't want to be judged only because I wear i.e circle lenses or eyelid tape if I did, so I don't do it to other people. I'm not good at noticing stuff like that unless it's like ... light blue contacts on an Asian person or if someone's eyelid tape was on the verge of getting off, haha, I'm so oblivious to things sometimes.

Guest Pandarah

I wouidn't because I wear lenses but "luckily" I have natural double eyelids.

I would if they lied and told everyone their crease and irises were real and if they did the same things that RYUUSEi

said.

Guest はんなり豆腐

no its just like makeup. those girls who judge people like that probably wear makeup too and are on the same boat. they're just jealous because someone else looks better than them with circle lenses and eyelid tape. truth

There's nothing wrong with trying to look pretty. Same goes for makeup. I guess your friends judge people who wear makeup as well? =x

Wearing makeup, using eyelid tape and circle lens isn't fake - surgery is though, IMO. >_>

Guest Joanne <3

Lol thinking of all the surgery you could get instead of wearing eyelid tape and contact lenses, I don't see anything wrong with it. As far as I know, everybody strives to be pretty and so to me, it's just like makeup.

Guest yoroshiku90

um... well, its true w/o them she'll look different but, this is the same thing as using cosmetics.

Girls are always in the search for beauty. There's nothing wrong with them, and your friends were probably jealous because she just went over the cuteness scale.

No shame about it, they're just gossiping ;p but In a really petty way.

btw, not everyone can pull off circle lenses.

It just looks creepy and really cheap on some people.

I'd judge her cuz she actually looks good with em :P

Guest Meenuh

Girls still love to gossip I see.

I may say something while talking to a friend here or there but I won't make a huge deal out of it. Not my problem if she wants to wear circle lenses or whatever. It's not like I wanna date her. Lol.

I do think that jealousy factors into this situation a little too. There are the girls who don't wear massive amounts of make up to make themselves look like a completely different person and then there are the girls who do wear massive amounts of make up and look completely different without it and those girls that look better than the ones that actually look like themselves may see it as "unfair". Like, here I am.. pretty natural and working with what I have and then there's this girl who does all this stuff to look like a completely different person and looks great.

Guest Milica

Personally, makeup, circle lens, double eyelid stuff, whatever, as long as it actually makes them look better I won't judge the person for wearing them. But I see tons of people who look worse with makeup, have terrible bad looking double eyelid jobs, look creepy with circle lens, etc. and THEN I judge. I can't help but think "god that looks horrendous, you looked better before."

Guest colloquy

I dislike it when people say that when a girl takes off her circle lens, her boyfriend will stop loving her. Honestly, if that was the case, then he was only in love with her looks and not in who she actually is. Circle lens are pretty easy to spot on Asians unless they're black or brown. I have circle lens, but I don't wear them often because they're just not as comfortable as my normal ones. They also don't give me that drastic of a change in appearance.

I wouldn't judge them. Plenty of people wear them on this forum, and I find all of them to be wonderful people.

Guest s0y0un*

if they wanna wear it let them wear it. every girl wants to be pretty :]

if people are hating on them, im guessing their just jealous

because they cant transform like that even if they do wear circle lense or eyelid tape

Guest ieatpeople

Not EVERYONE who wears make up is unrecognizable without it btw. I don't know much about lenses or tape but I think that it is the same thing. I just disagree with any type of cosmetic, lenses or tape that completely distorts the person.

Guest *bBy_J

i definitely judge

and i think any girl who says they don't judge isn't being honest

its in our nature to have an opinion of someone from looking at them

like i will think to myself

she's wearing that because she wants to look prettier which to me makes it seem as if she isnt satisfied with what she normally looks like

but that's why i wear makeup and dye my hair etc.

everyone judges

Archived