Tomboy Girls In Manga

Guest aLwAyZ_yG

Guest aLwAyZ_yG

mangas with tomboy girls...
i love reading mangas with tomboyish girls in it, but i can't seem to find any good ones lately..that's probably because i read most of them already..lol....but i'm also hoping that there are also more out there...so if anyone knows about mangas with tomboy girls in it please let me know...or girls with short hair but isn't that girly...yeah, i know it may sound weird or retarded but i'm tired mangas with regular girly girls with long hair and stuff...thanx!!

here's a list of the ones i read already...and i highly recommend them!

1. highschool debut

2. blooming/bring it on (all time fav.!!)

3. Venus capriccio (love this!!)

4. crimson hero

5. matsuri special

6. beast master (ahhh!! LOVE)

7. otokomae beads club

8. koibana koiseyo hanabi (she hates guys)

9. kaichou wa maidsama

10. H20

11. Hush

12. Power

13. beauty honey

...i know i've read more but i can't remember...hope you guys can help me out...

I think it's an interesting topic~~~

Maybe you should change the title to just Tomboy Girls in Manga so we can discuss the mangas AND recommend new ones to each other~~

If not, this thread will probably get locked since there is already a recommendation thread.

Try these mangas for strong women:

I Want

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/kinjirareta_...jitsu/v01/c002/

http://www.mediafire.com/?gnzyhzz0imi

Stone Cold

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/stone_cold/

Sorry they are only one-shots, but they are both really cool.

I'll try some of your recommendations too! And I'll come back and will recommend more manga after I go through my manga list! =)

Guest aLwAyZ_yG

I think you should ask in this thread.

Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64748

yeah..srry about that...i didn't realize that their was already a thread for recommendations till after i made that topic..and thanx..!

I think it's an interesting topic~~~

Maybe you should change the title to just Tomboy Girls in Manga so we can discuss the mangas AND recommend new ones to each other~~

If you not, this thread will probably get lock since there is already a recommendation thread.

Try these mangas for strong women:

I Want

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/kinjirareta_...jitsu/v01/c002/

http://www.mediafire.com/?gnzyhzz0imi

Stone Cold

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/stone_cold/

Sorry they are only one-shots, but they are both really cool.

I'll try some of your recommendations too! And I'll come back and will recommend more manga after I go through my manga list! =)

lol....i wanted to change or at least delete this topic right after i found out about the recommendation thread...the only problem is i don't know how to change it....i figure it out..and thanx for your manga recommendations i'll check them out..

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

KouKou Debut.

I loveeeee this manga. The guy seems like the "girlfriend" in their semi-relationship.

^

High School Debut or Koukou Debut

aLwAyZ_yG already mentioned it as her number one choice! But yeah, this manga was pretty cool! ^^

And I see that a mod fixed the topic for you, aLwAyZ_yG, or did you figure it out?

Some recommendations:

When I think tomboy I'm not thinking a super athletic girl. I'm thinking more along the lines of a strong female character who is not the typical shojo girl.

One Piece

The famous pirate story. Nami is an extremely strong female character who can outsmart and manipulate the strongest of male characters with her wit!

Forbidden Dance by: Hinako Ashihara

A girl who is a ballerina and wants to join an all male ballet troop.

Azumanga Daioh

Not extremely strong girls, but you never ever see these girls crying about a boy.

Nodame Cantible

A music manga. The girl in this manga is whimsical and weird. Does not act like your typical shojo manga girl at all!

Peach Girl

Although it's the ultimate shojo manga, I really like Momo's down to earth character.

Boys Over Flowers

Makino takes on the 4 most popular boys of her school. It's her stubbornness (as well as Tsukasa's) that keeps this manga going for 36 volumes! @__@

Yotsubato&!

About 5 year old Yotsuba. She really is a tomboy! She likes running around and exploring. The other female characters are really down to earth too.

Immortal Rain

It's about this guy called Rain who is immortal and can't die. All the bounty hunters in the world want to kill him because he would cash in an awesome bounty. Our 15 year old female protagonist is also a bounty hunter and goes after Rain, but she later joins him in his journey. She's really strong. You'll really like her.

Can't Lose You by: WANN

Girl twins separated because of the predictions of an oracle. Both girls are strong. The ending is amazing.

Telepathic Wanderers by: Tsutsui Yasutaka and Yamazaki Sayaka

A young woman with telepathic powers is a loner because people around her get hurt due to her abilities.

Visitor by: Yi-Jung No

A mysterious story. A girl starts having visions of a murder that involves one of her classmate's relatives.

GALS!

Ran in a Shibuya Gal! She exploits dumb guys so they buy her stuff and she protects her 'territory' from other gals. Her parents are police officers and want her to become one too.

Gokusen

The main protagonist is the homeroom teacher for a classroom full of delinquents. The class thinks she's a wimpy woman who won't last one day teaching the class. Well, they are dead wrong. Kumiko, the teacher, is the daughter of a Yakuza boss and she knows exactly how to deal with delinquents~~~

Jun ai Tokkou Taichou

Love Attack!!! It's hilarious. Reminds me of Power! The main female protagonist, after getting in trouble once again, is told she won't get expelled if she gets the school's top male delinquent to clean up his act!

Whispers of the Heart

The young female protagonist tries to figure out her purpose in life~~

Penguin Brothers

The main female protagonist transfers to a new school where all the students are divided into the white side and the black side. Both sides are controlled by two guys who HATE each other. When our protagonist finds out about the situation she decides she doesn't want to join either side, even if it mean she's now targeted by the whole school!

Samurai Champloo

Fuu is strong~~~ She has to be in order to put up with two barbarians like Jin and Mugen!

Full House

After getting tricked into selling her house and becoming homeless, the female protagonist takes on the arrogant super star that bought her house in order to get it back.

I Wish (love!)

The female protagonist's family die in a plane crash. She goes to the great magician K in order for him to bring them back to life in exchange for her most precious thing. However, K tells her he can't grant her wish but allows her to start working with him as his apprentice.

Line

A girl finds a cell phone on the train. She suddenly starts receiving phone calls from a mysterious person telling her when and where people are about to commit suicide. When she realizes the person on the phone isn't joking she starts running all over Tokyo, trying to stop people from committing suicide.

Tramps Like Us

An tough office lady is so tough that she scares away all her boyfriends. When she finds a young man in a box outside her apartment, she takes him under her wing as her dog.

Special A

There are 7 students in a school who are top of the class and are considered the Special A. The female protagonist is the number 2 student and she is determined to defeat the number 1 male student who is always better than her in everything!

Cutie Boy

The female protagonist used to be bullied by a boy in elementary school. But now that she's in high school, she the super tough captain of her school. She meets a super cute boy and she thinks he's the perfect boyfriend. But then she figures out he's the same boy who bullied her in elementary school.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi is a stubborn and energetic girl who doesn't want a normal high school life. She wants to meet aliens, espers, and time travelers! She makes Kyon, a boy in her class, join her in her crazy search for them, creating a school club called the SOS Brigade.

Midnight Secretary

Kaya in the ultimate secretary and she is super excited to prove her capabilities when she becomes the private secretary of the director for her company. However, her boss is super difficult to handle: he's a womanizer, super strict, super arrogant and he has a dark secret.

Hataraki Man

Matsukata's nickname is Hataraki Man (working man) because she's super dedicated to her work at a weekly magazine.

Spicy Pink

The female protagonist is a manga-ka. She goes on a blind date and starts marrying a stoic surgeon. I think she made the cut for tomboy because she isn't insecure.

Devil and Her Love Song

Maria was kicked out of her last school for hurting a teacher. Maria is a tough cookie who always speaks her mind and always tells you how it really is. She doesn't know how to beat around the bush or say things in a nice way. And this is where most of her problems come from.

The Kidnapping of Minha Jo's Boyfriend

Two high school girls are complete enemies, and they both are in their own gangs. They fight each other all the time, and to get even with the other, one girl tries to kidnap the other's boyfriend. But the information her right-hand girl gives her is wrong, and they kidnap some really good-looking guy who is NOT the boyfriend of the other girl. (yeah, I took the summary from mangafox cause I couldn't remember what happened)

Beauty is the Beast

Eimi moves to her high school dorms and befriends the scariest boy in her school. She's a weird character. Very whimsical~

Sorcerers and Secretaries

Nicole Hayes passes the hours at her boring receptionist job by creating fantasy stories. Her former neighbor, Josh, just wants to get Nicole's attention and thinks if he could get a peek into Nicole's notebook, he might find a way to draw her out of her daydreams. She's very focused on her stories.

Yanki-kun to Megane-chan (love!)

Megane-chan is a crazy girl who is her homeroom class president. When it's time for the class's school trip she is determined to make her class's Yankee go too. She chases him down, even when he's in the bathroom!!

Dengeki Daisy

After the female protagonist's brother died, she was contacted by Daisy via cell phone text. She tells Daisy all her problems and he helps her out. When she breaks the window of a classroom in her school, the school janitor makes her work for him.

Island by: Komi Naoshi

In a land surrounded by a tall wall, two little girls are determined to see what lies beyond it.

And those are all my recommendations! <3

I'm going to try out Beast Master and re-read Koibana! Thanks. =)

Bring It On! is my All TIME Fave too!! ^^

^whoa. thanks cutiek028! I've read most of the manga you listed but there are still few that I needed to check out. Reading the synopsis, they do sound good.

anyways. I like TOUGH girls. its not everyday we read about a girl who's very independent and doesn't resort to crying right away when things go wrong her way.

Most of cutiek028's recommendations are the ones I've read so I think I can only suggest one for now.

Otomen.

It's about a guy who's very feminine and a girl who's very "masculine"? lol

they'll end up with each other anyways so no, its not shounen-ai or shoujo-ai as it may seem. :lol:

Guest sallyen

I love 'You're My Girlfriend'.

You gotta check that one out! d;

It is seriously the funniest manga I have ever read. Too bad it's only 1 volume :(

Or maybe 'Pretty Face' ? It's about a guy trapped in a girls body? Pretty funny too. Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

Those are the only ones I can think of right now. I'll try to list some more :)

Guest janelleski

i'll try those titles. i'm also in need of some to kill time :D

anyway, have you tried H3 School? It's also known as Happy Hustle High. well, the lead character is a tomboy and she gets to have a VERY handsome boy friend in her new school. since she's a tomboy, she tries ridiculous things on being cute :) haha! it's a very funny manga :D plus the ending is also nice

You know, I was re-reading Koibana Koiseyo Hanabi and she's totally not a tough girl! Omg! She might hate guys, but she's kinda weak. And I found out what happens later in the series and yeah... XP

This is still in my reading list but honestly, I prefer her older work, Parfait Tic. Hanabi acts like little child here. immature I say. not really the type of shoujo girl I want her to become of.

anyway, have you tried H3 School? It's also known as Happy Hustle High. well, the lead character is a tomboy and she gets to have a VERY handsome boy friend in her new school. since she's a tomboy, she tries ridiculous things on being cute :) haha! it's a very funny manga :D plus the ending is also nice

H3 School is one of my favourites. I'm just glad I bought the books in one go. lol

It's really recommended. There's no "defeat" in her vocabulary. I just love Hanabi. (LOL, i just realized Koibana and H3 School share the same name for the main girl)

and of couse YASU is JUST SOOO HOT. :w00t:

Guest aLwAyZ_yG

^

High School Debut or Koukou Debut

aLwAyZ_yG already mentioned it as her number one choice! But yeah, this manga was pretty cool! ^^

And I see that a mod fixed the topic for you, aLwAyZ_yG, or did you figure it out?

Some recommendations:

When I think tomboy I'm not thinking a super athletic girl. I'm thinking more along the lines of a strong female character who is not the typical shojo girl.

One Piece

The famous pirate story. Nami is an extremely strong female character who can outsmart and manipulate the strongest of male characters with her wit!

Forbidden Dance by: Hinako Ashihara

A girl who is a ballerina and wants to join an all male ballet troop.

Azumanga Daioh

Not extremely strong girls, but you never ever see these girls crying about a boy.

Nodame Cantible

A music manga. The girl in this manga is whimsical and weird. Does not act like your typical shojo manga girl at all!

Peach Girl

Although it's the ultimate shojo manga, I really like Momo's down to earth character.

Boys Over Flowers

Makino takes on the 4 most popular boys of her school. It's her stubbornness (as well as Tsukasa's) that keeps this manga going for 36 volumes! @__@

Yotsubato&!

About 5 year old Yotsuba. She really is a tomboy! She likes running around and exploring. The other female characters are really down to earth too.

Immortal Rain

It's about this guy called Rain who is immortal and can't die. All the bounty hunters in the world want to kill him because he would cash in an awesome bounty. Our 15 year old female protagonist is also a bounty hunter and goes after Rain, but she later joins him in his journey. She's really strong. You'll really like her.

Can't Lose You by: WANN

Girl twins separated because of the predictions of an oracle. Both girls are strong. The ending is amazing.

Telepathic Wanderers by: Tsutsui Yasutaka and Yamazaki Sayaka

A young woman with telepathic powers is a loner because people around her get hurt due to her abilities.

Visitor by: Yi-Jung No

A mysterious story. A girl starts having visions of a murder that involves one of her classmate's relatives.

GALS!

Ran in a Shibuya Gal! She exploits dumb guys so they buy her stuff and she protects her 'territory' from other gals. Her parents are police officers and want her to become one too.

Gokusen

The main protagonist is the homeroom teacher for a classroom full of delinquents. The class thinks she's a wimpy woman who won't last one day teaching the class. Well, they are dead wrong. Kumiko, the teacher, is the daughter of a Yakuza boss and she knows exactly how to deal with delinquents~~~

Jun ai Tokkou Taichou

Love Attack!!! It's hilarious. Reminds me of Power! The main female protagonist, after getting in trouble once again, is told she won't get expelled if she gets the school's top male delinquent to clean up his act!

Whispers of the Heart

The young female protagonist tries to figure out her purpose in life~~

Penguin Brothers

The main female protagonist transfers to a new school where all the students are divided into the white side and the black side. Both sides are controlled by two guys who HATE each other. When our protagonist finds out about the situation she decides she doesn't want to join either side, even if it mean she's now targeted by the whole school!

Samurai Champloo

Fuu is strong~~~ She has to be in order to put up with two barbarians like Jin and Mugen!

Full House

After getting tricked into selling her house and becoming homeless, the female protagonist takes on the arrogant super star that bought her house in order to get it back.

I Wish (love!)

The female protagonist's family die in a plane crash. She goes to the great magician K in order for him to bring them back to life in exchange for her most precious thing. However, K tells her he can't grant her wish but allows her to start working with him as his apprentice.

Line

A girl finds a cell phone on the train. She suddenly starts receiving phone calls from a mysterious person telling her when and where people are about to commit suicide. When she realizes the person on the phone isn't joking she starts running all over Tokyo, trying to stop people from committing suicide.

Tramps Like Us

An tough office lady is so tough that she scares away all her boyfriends. When she finds a young man in a box outside her apartment, she takes him under her wing as her dog.

Special A

There are 7 students in a school who are top of the class and are considered the Special A. The female protagonist is the number 2 student and she is determined to defeat the number 1 male student who is always better than her in everything!

Cutie Boy

The female protagonist used to be bullied by a boy in elementary school. But now that she's in high school, she the super tough captain of her school. She meets a super cute boy and she thinks he's the perfect boyfriend. But then she figures out he's the same boy who bullied her in elementary school.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi is a stubborn and energetic girl who doesn't want a normal high school life. She wants to meet aliens, espers, and time travelers! She makes Kyon, a boy in her class, join her in her crazy search for them, creating a school club called the SOS Brigade.

Midnight Secretary

Kaya in the ultimate secretary and she is super excited to prove her capabilities when she becomes the private secretary of the director for her company. However, her boss is super difficult to handle: he's a womanizer, super strict, super arrogant and he has a dark secret.

Hataraki Man

Matsukata's nickname is Hataraki Man (working man) because she's super dedicated to her work at a weekly magazine.

Spicy Pink

The female protagonist is a manga-ka. She goes on a blind date and starts marrying a stoic surgeon. I think she made the cut for tomboy because she isn't insecure.

Devil and Her Love Song

Maria was kicked out of her last school for hurting a teacher. Maria is a tough cookie who always speaks her mind and always tells you how it really is. She doesn't know how to beat around the bush or say things in a nice way. And this is where most of her problems come from.

The Kidnapping of Minha Jo's Boyfriend

Two high school girls are complete enemies, and they both are in their own gangs. They fight each other all the time, and to get even with the other, one girl tries to kidnap the other's boyfriend. But the information her right-hand girl gives her is wrong, and they kidnap some really good-looking guy who is NOT the boyfriend of the other girl. (yeah, I took the summary from mangafox cause I couldn't remember what happened)

Beauty is the Beast

Eimi moves to her high school dorms and befriends the scariest boy in her school. She's a weird character. Very whimsical~

Sorcerers and Secretaries

Nicole Hayes passes the hours at her boring receptionist job by creating fantasy stories. Her former neighbor, Josh, just wants to get Nicole's attention and thinks if he could get a peek into Nicole's notebook, he might find a way to draw her out of her daydreams. She's very focused on her stories.

Yanki-kun to Megane-chan (love!)

Megane-chan is a crazy girl who is her homeroom class president. When it's time for the class's school trip she is determined to make her class's Yankee go too. She chases him down, even when he's in the bathroom!!

Dengeki Daisy

After the female protagonist's brother died, she was contacted by Daisy via cell phone text. She tells Daisy all her problems and he helps her out. When she breaks the window of a classroom in her school, the school janitor makes her work for him.

Island by: Komi Naoshi

In a land surrounded by a tall wall, two little girls are determined to see what lies beyond it.

And those are all my recommendations! <3

I'm going to try out Beast Master and re-read Koibana! Thanks. =)

Bring It On! is my All TIME Fave too!! ^^

woohh!! thank u!! lol...i'll try all those out...and yeah, i was about to fix the topic...about koibana, yeah...i know she's not a lik a tomboy but there's sumthang about her that i like....and again thank u for your recommendations....

no one mentioned this but ouran high school host club is really good. (:

oh yeah...i've read that one already..and it is really good....lol..

^

You're welcome! ^^

OMG! I just read the CUTEST story with the coolest Tomboy girl! (it's a oneshot)

By Hero

Sendrick is a little bird that has always hated humans the most in the world. All his life, he's been running from them out of fear, but soon, he accidentally encounters a human tomboy-ish girl named Kayana. This unexpected encounter might actually change a lot in Sendrick's mind.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/by_hero/

:)

Also, a very nice 6 volume manga with a pretty strong heroine. (the guy is the girly one! =3=)

Oyayubihim Infinity

Long ago, a group of friends banded together—and now the whole gang has been reincarnated in the present day. Each has a reminder of the past: a butterfly-shaped birthmark on their thumbs. When the marks touch, they catch a glimpse of their shared past, though what they see doesn't always match.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/oyayubihime_infinity/

It's a very unique storyline. Slightly nostalgic of Please Save My Earth, but still one of a kind. I still need to read the last volume!

Guest .:daRkwinGs:.

Vanila Ice?

isnt that one good manhwa one..whea the lead female is very much an opposite character of a female..

i love this manhwa.

I'm interested in Venus Capriccio but it seems to be complete, but I can't find it complete in any online reading websites....

^downloads are available on the scalation group's forum: http://midnight.zoushea.com/forum/

yeah~ i too HATE registrations and posting posts just to meet their requirements but what can we do right?

or maybe you can go to their irc: irc://irc.irchighway.net/midnight_scans

oh well, that manga is licensed already so you might just think of purchasing it ^_^

Guest lillixe

try ice revolution XD i just read it today and i think its hilarious, plus it fits your requirements =3

Basically its about this girl that took karate since she was little and grew up with her brothers and her karate instructor dad, so she looks and acts like a total guy until she decides to change...etc XD if i give away anymore it'll spoil everything ;D

Archived