Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time (2010)

Guest diru

Jake Gyllenhaal, Ben Kingsley, Alfred Molina

PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE SANDS OF TIME

princeofpersia.jpg

PLOT

Based on the video game, which follows an adventurous prince who teams up with a rival princess to stop an angry ruler from unleashing a sandstorm that could destroy the world (IMDB)

CAST

Jake Gyllenhaal - Prince Dastan

Gemma Arterton - Tamina

Ben Kingsley - Nizam

Alfred Molina - Sheik Amar

It's unfair. Ryan Reynolds has a buff body, Hugh Jackman has a buff body...now Jake Gyllenhaal has a buff body. ENVY! :@

But seriously, this movie looks like it has the potential to be the best video game to movie adaptation ever. Unfortunately, I probably won't get to see Gyllenhaal decapitate some enemies in bloody fashion because it's a Walt Disney picture. Nonetheless I can expect some great action scenes and enjoy a purely entertaining film (from the looks of it so far). At it's heart, PoP was always just an adventure game (mostly talking about the original side scroller here) and it looks like they're doing good on the adventure aspect. (Y)

And because it's a Walt Disney picture produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, I can expect it to be very Pirates of the Caribbean-esque.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Argentine

it would be awesome,but the fact that its a walt disney film troubles me alittle....In any case the prince should be namesless.....

^ That's what I thought, in regards to the Prince's name. I mean just calling him, "The Prince" sounds hella awesome already...too bad he has a name now. :(

Guest kdclk313

seriously DASTAN wth is that

and they shouldve kept farah's name (farah!!! farah!!!! anybody remember that lol)

i wonder how rewinding time is going to look like

Guest hungrydragon

haha i really liked the game, i hope this movie turns out gooodd...jakkee looks good as Princee ^^" there better be some monkey action - running walls swinging jumping on monsters!!! i doubt it..lots of talk talk talk talk >_>

Guest Phantos

what!! are you kidding me!! damn i never knew that walt disney is production the movie!!! can't believe it!! grrr.....

Guest diru

^ Any suggestions? To be honest no one comes to mind for me. Well maybe that guy from Lost and Planet Terror. :D

Guest Myss Blewm

Naveen Andrews? Oh hellz yes he would have been rad.

I mean I don't have any specific actor(s) in mind but I really wish they could have gone for a more Middle Eastern looking actor. Really childish I know, but still....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest diru

A new one minute clip with a multitude of brand new footage and featuring Jerry Bruckheimer talking about Prince of Persia has hit the internet!

Guest screamxlove

Jaaaaaaaaake <3

It's been forever since I've last played this game... I don't even remember what happens in it anymore now LOL.

But I do hope it'll be good - however, the whole Disney thing makes me go :mellow:

Guest rokky123

They shouldve taken a new unknown actor. And someone persian indian whatever

He doesnt seem to fit the role -___-

They gonna ruin of my best games =[

Guest diru

They shouldve taken a new unknown actor. And someone persian indian whatever

He doesnt seem to fit the role -___-

They gonna ruin of my best games =[

I'll doubt they'll ruin it. Highly doubt it.

I mean it's being overseen by Jerry Bruckheimer who has produced movies like Pirates of the Carribbean (a critically and commercially successful movie made entirely from a Disney ride), Bad Boys 2 and King Arthur. If anything this project will be worth seeing and looks really entertaining.

Just don't expect it to be bloody like the newer games. I will remind people however that PoP was never about the bloodshed and carnage. The first few PoP games were action/adventure side scrollers; successful ones too. The Prince will have the look of the newer PoP games but will retain the feel of all the other PoP games made. Besides, this one is being adapted mostly from the Sands of Time game anyway which wasn't bloody at all if I remember correctly.

Archived