Weird Silences

Guest ChargeBatteries

Guest ChargeBatteries

Does this ever happen to you?
Okay so I recently started dating a guy and we have a lot of fun together. He's wonderful and we have a strong connection. However, when we're in the car and he's driving... we don't really talk. You know, like those weird silences? We can't seem to find anything to talk about! But every time we get out of the car and head to our destination, we have a lot of fun but when it's time to go home and we get in the car, we don't talk about anything again! Is this normal?

Also, since I'm already writing a post... I've been told that when you really like someone, you'll feel a spark when you kiss them. I really really like this guy but when we kiss, I don't get this "spark." I don't know, what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance guys! : )

Guest awesooome

Whenever I'm around, there's awkward silences. Haha. I have a way with making the environment feel awkward. :o It should be normal... Maybe he enjoys the silence. :)

Guest MAKEMESMILE.

you mean .. awkwardly weird ? cause it can only be awkward if you make it awkward.

like, I don't really talk when i'm in a vehicle because I get really tired, so instead of having a full on conversation I sometimes hum or quietly sing to the song currently playing, which no one really complains about surprisingly, that, or I make things purposely awkward like staring at them for a long while until they turn to me and say, "what?", and I just smile and say, "sorry it was awkward, so I wondered what it would be like if I made it more awkward". than they laugh and the awkwardness disappears because they keep laughing whenever it starts to get awkward again, I guess.

but that's just me, B);)

my bf notices that about us too. he says it's either we're 'quiet' or we just joke around,

he said we never talk about 'us' and what 'our relationship is',

which he says is rather odd to him because he always did it with his ex's.

i tell him when we get too deep into the details of our relationship, we'll discover there's really nothing to talk about.

we're in love, and when in love, silence is the best moment we can have together, because we're together.

in the silence we can enjoy each other's pure presence, the best way to say i love you is to say nothing at all.

blah~ i sound so mushy.

Guest synergyz

quote from one of my favorite movies pulp fiction!

Mia Wallace: Don't you hate that?

Vincent: Hate what?

Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bulls**t in order to be comfortable?

Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.

Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special, you can just shut the f**k up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence.

Guest LOOCiEE<3

you mean .. awkwardly weird ? cause it can only be awkward if you make it awkward.

like, I don't really talk when i'm in a vehicle because I get really tired, so instead of having a full on conversation I sometimes hum or quietly sing to the song currently playing, which no one really complains about surprisingly, that, or I make things purposely awkward like staring at them for a long while until they turn to me and say, "what?", and I just smile and say, "sorry it was awkward, so I wondered what it would be like if I made it more awkward". than they laugh and the awkwardness disappears because they keep laughing whenever it starts to get awkward again, I guess.

but that's just me, B);)

lol! i would love to try that but i'd get too scared xD &if they never turn around & say, "what?" & just kept dealing with me staring at them, i would feel such like a stalker because then i would not get a chance to explain the joke!

for me, i just try to make small talk, but yes, it gets very awkward D: sorry i can't be of much help, so i'll just share the pain with you :lol:

Its perfectly normal (or, i think so) because it happens often and it'll happen eventually--like when you're on the phone and its just silent and you're practically listening to the other person breathe. hahha.

Sometimes its just nice to listen to the quiet. Sometimes the silence is nice, knowing that the person on the other end is just listening--even if you're not saying anything.

But, i guess, if you had enough things in common--and not just that 'love' feeling--you'd be able to start up a conversation.

And as for the spark? Well, i don't mean to offend any romantics out there, but i only thought that stuff happened in books you read or something. HAHahahha. I mean, i'm not big into love...so maybe i just don't know enough.

ANYWAYS, yes, i believe the silence is normal.

Archived