Long Distance Relationships

Guest gangdur

Guest gangdur

The first time you saw each other..
I know there has been many threads for LDR's but i've never read one where people have told the reactions of the 'first meeting' if it had occured.

For those of you who are/were in a LDR and got into one BEFORE meeting face to face.

How did it feel when you officially met?

Were there any sparks there still or did things completely do a flop and there was too many expectations that ended up in disappointment?

How are you guys going at it now?

Personally, I have not yet to experience a LDR because I once considered it but just started stressing over the complications haha :rolleyes: Tragic i know.

So come on and tell me your experiences! :)

xx gangdurrr

my bf came to chicago to see me. he came to pick me up from my house and met my aunt and uncle. he was so nervous. I was nervous and very shy. didnt really talk to him at first but then we got really comfortable with each other.

Guest lightangel

I had a guy friend who met his gf on the internet. He's in Washington and she's in California. They talk to each other everyday on the fone and on fb. He went to see her in the summer of '09 and they look hecka comfortable with each other. That's the first time they ever see each other. He post pics of them on fb kissing each other and getting comfortable and stuff. I guess its good for them but for me I think there's no point in a LDR. If the other person cheat on u, u would never know.

Guest gangdur

my bf came to chicago to see me. he came to pick me up from my house and met my aunt and uncle. he was so nervous. I was nervous and very shy. didnt really talk to him at first but then we got really comfortable with each other.

that's really cute. i'm happy for you guys :)

I had a guy friend who met his gf on the internet. He's in Washington and she's in California. They talk to each other everyday on the fone and on fb. He went to see her in the summer of '09 and they look hecka comfortable with each other. That's the first time they ever see each other. He post pics of them on fb kissing each other and getting comfortable and stuff. I guess its good for them but for me I think there's no point in a LDR. If the other person cheat on u, u would never know.

Yeah i kinda agree with what you are saying, i'm not against LDR's but there is always the trust factor. I heard of shocking stories of friends that were in a LDR, the girl found out long later that her bf had been cheating on her the whole time.. =.= Its really upsetting that its those type of stories that make you consider the whole idea of LDR's a danger zone. Something that might not be worth doing even if you've met someone that completely blows your mind.

Guest felinius

How did it feel when you officially met?

Were there any sparks there still or did things completely do a flop and there was too many expectations that ended up in disappointment?

How are you guys going at it now?

When we first met it was like :blush:

But then it was like :wub:

And now it's like :D

The first meet was great besides some resentment from my parents, and we're still going at it now yeaaaaars later. Though now we live together.

Guest xdanceonx3

My cousin had LDR with her boyfriend that she met in Seattle. I also know quite a few family member who did LDR and made it work. Its possible.

not my own experience but my oldest brother started an LDR with a girl he'd never met before. they talked on the phone a lot, sent each other photos, but never webcammed. they trusted each other a lot though. after 6 months, my brother decided to live with his gf in her city and they've been together for over a year now.

i'll be honest, his gf most definitely is not the best-looking girl in the world and my brother looks like the main guy from 1 litre of tears, but he loves her regardless. he wasn't afraid at all to meet her because all that he expected was the girl he talked to online and on the phone. it goes without saying that if you're considering meeting your bf/gf, you should really love them for who they are, not how they look, because you may end up disappointed.

Guest whatismyname

i dont think you *should* get into a love relationship until you meet the person though but thats just me. my closest experience is chatting with a guy online for 6months WITHOUT the intention of meeting each other. none of us even bothered asking for each other's pics or really described our physicality. we never even talked on the phone.

until....

6months later...on a summer day, he told me he's flying in towards my hometown, and that's when i even found out he used to live here so he was visiting. we exchanged pics, talked on the phone and met the next day without expecting anything. we were going to hang out. it wasn't a date. and i felt a little bit of a chemistry going on. i'm not sure about him though.

anyway, long story short, he had to leave soon to go back to college and now we seldomly talk. but i still won't have done it any other way.

Guest jhea-chan

so i have a boyfriend, we haven't met for a month, he's my first, so LDR in one month is hard for us. After one month, we can't stand not seeing each other so he asked me to come over to his house in the province( we both study in a city and we live in a dorm if we have class and he doesn't have summer classes but i have one,.) he has a strict dad, he don't allow him to go outside for some circumstances, my bf's fault.. anyway, am with his mother because she stayed near in our place so she also invited me if i want to stay there for one week, so i said yes(not my first time to his house and i already met his parents before).

So as we arrive in their house, i couldn't find him. So i went upstairs, in his room, seeing him arranging his bed, it was awkward. i don't know. my heart was beating too fast and i was shy. am not really a shy person. So we talked, he had a new haircut, when i asked if i can see it(because he was wearing a cap), he jerked then blushed and said he is very shy timidly, then I laughed. after that we came back from our old we.

We're like living in one house during classes because he was my dorm mate and he sleeps in my room everyday. So it's our first time to be away.

Wow. remembering this makes me miss him more. i just got back from his province. :)

Guest ROCKiT

i didn't get with my boyfriend before i saw him. but i got with him 2 days after we met. he came for my graduation and picked me up to hang out with him in sf with his two friends. He was actually really late to my graduation because plane delayed and he had to drive all the way from LA to SF. he came to pick me up after my family ate because he was late, and we went to go look at city lights. it's amazing, he never seen anything like that. i was so nervous about what he would think of me. i was like fidgeting and my heart was pounding. lol. When we were at city lights, that's where he gave me our first kiss there. and wow, my stomach had butterflies. i was nervous and really happy. lol. i was still nervous when we got to the hotel. he told me that when he laid on my chest, my heart was beating really fast. i didn't have much expectation for him because i knew i shouldn't. i was really excited when i knew he was coming and i was hoping things would turn out good because he was such a great guy when talking. lol. after reading all that, you would think that we are doing good.

WELL, we are!! we've been together for almost a year already. we are in a long distance and sees each other as much as we can when we can financially afford it. i'm completely happy wit him. and he's completely happy with me, he tells me at times. LOL. it's unexpected but i love it. (: so it could work out if people are willing to put effort in it.

Archived