When Did You Start Wearing Heels?

Guest _anan

is there an appropriate age
As the topic title suggests, what age/around when did you first start wearing heels? Do you think there is an appropriate age of wearing high heels?

I started wearing high heels around Junior/Senior year of high school, and i started off with 10 cm super high ones. xD

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest diana78

I got 2" dress heels for hc of freshman year of hs. But I got casual-wear heels in junior year, but then found out that it really isn't very sensible to wear heels to school. So freshman year of college, for heels worn fairly regularly.

Guest PeachKisses.

Hmm, I starting wearing hears when I was in grade 3?

They were short and stumpy heels and walkable.

Then I gradually wore thinner and taller heels.

I had a lot of party shoes :)

Im attempting to start this year (second yr, H.S) I attempted a bit last year however the constant running up and down the stairs made me have a fear of falling down >///< turns out the heals were a bit to high for me, so now ill start smaller

Guest _YooMi

i actually just started wearing them this summer, going into junior year. Started off super high too lol , went right to 4". I always think the 6-7 cm ones look kinda dorky x) but mine were a pair of wedges. I love heels but my mom thinks i'm too young for them

Guest fuzibunni

By wearing heels are you talking about for formal events or just on a regular basis?

For formal events and parties and stuff I started freshmen year of High School. For regular basis I started this year, first year of college haha.

Guest AliceAristocrat

Technically I started when I was like 10 but they were really short heels and it was just a phase.

Then I started wearing heels last year as a sophmore but I didn't wear them every day. Most of the time I just wore platform flipflops. I don't wear them to school either except if I really don't want to wear the same old sneakers everyday or it's a half day (I wear my 5 1/2" boots on half days.....it hurts like hell and I don't know why I do it.)

But then again....I wear heels for fun, I'm already 5'7" so it's not really a height thing but it's fun to walk around in heels sometimes....except when it's thanksgiving and you get the "honor" of taking 5 kids to the park where there's really squishy mud and the 3 year old screams "CATCH ME CATCH ME!!!!"

Guest ☺☻☺☻

I started wearing heels regularly, when I entered college. Prior to that, I only wore them on special occasions like weddings and formal dances in high school. I know it's bad to wear it on a daily basis, but I stand at 5'6 and I feel short. I like hovering over the rest of the world. It feels empowering, lol. My limit is four and half inch heels, though. Anything higher than that, and I'm afraid I'll topple over. Haha.

Guest dearme

Um, I started wearing them when I was in 9th grade.. but the thing is I have trouble wearing them. LLOLL

They hurt my feet and I once had blisters, horrible blisters walking home in heels . Took aout 40 minutes to get home.

I think I wore my 6 cm high heel like 3-4 times during the WHOLE SCHOOL year.

I really gotta start wearing them more!

Guest xx_harlequin

i started when i was 14. i only wore them for special occasions though. i dont rly like to wear heels >___< they hurt my feet :(

Guest ilikeyammyfoods

wow this thread is very informational to me. XD

i have 2 pairs of heels that i only wore like once for a dance and another for a formal dress class presentation.

i really want to wear them more though but my school's campus is really big X______x

and im afraid if i wear them anywhere else people will be like "WUT WHY ARE YOU WEARING HEELS YOU SO YOUNG"

but i think ill start wearing them more this year =D (im a sophomore :3)

Guest yukinohana

er probably wore baby heels when i was little.

i wore heels for prom and such for high school, but i probably didnt actually start becoming interested in them until sophmore year of college.

I dont think theres an actually "age" you should start wearing them

yes if you`re young and wearing heels a lot of people would be shaking their heads,

but i think its better to start later because in the long run you'll hurt your feet gradually

my mom used to wear heels all the time younger and now she has arch support problems.

preeeeeeeetty young o_O i did wear little heels for weddings and all those events. when i was 10 or something i started wearing 7cm heels? but not stilettos! they were just blocks really. and now i just wear whatever i want (14 now). i don't own a single pair of heels though, i just borrow from my mum if i ever need it, which is rare cause i'm normally too lazy to wear them.

Guest arronyans

Well... I actually need to start wearing heels...

i could do wedges... but shoes with just the stick is

just too hard for me!

I'm a Junior in HS, btw...

Archived