How Painful are Tattoos?

Guest Tofu_Cloud

Guest Tofu_Cloud

How much does it hurt to get a tattoo?
Hi guys

So i'm just wondering how painful are tattoos

Which areas hurt the least, and which areas should i stay away from as my "first time tattoo"

For those who have tattoos i would love to hear your story of

- what age you got it

- where did you get it

- you dont have to share what it was if you dont want but (was it filled/colored or just outlined

- how painful was it

- do you regret it

- tips or advice before going

thanks!

(side note: no lecturing please, im quite old, i know kids regret doing it and stuff.. im not doing it as a "i wanna look cool thing" so dont worry =)

Guest lovesicles

this isn't gonna help you much.

everyone has a different pain tolerance.

which is obviously going to be different from yours.

but lemme tell you,

sensitive areas like the inner arm area are really painful.

and so are areas where there is bone, i.e. hipbones.

i know those two areas are extremely painful.

Guest Tofu_Cloud

this isn't gonna help you much.

everyone has a different pain tolerance.

which is obviously going to be different from yours.

but lemme tell you,

sensitive areas like the inner arm area are really painful.

and so are areas where there is bone, i.e. hipbones.

i know those two areas are extremely painful.

OOOooo inner arm? Thanks for letting me know =)

everybody's pain tolerance is different, i'm just interested in ppl's experience in it. ^^

Guest Jamerrz

think of the pain as the same as you pulling an hair out from that certain area, one by one, constantly. that would give you a decent idea of the pain.

Guest lovesicles

OOOooo inner arm? Thanks for letting me know =)

everybody's pain tolerance is different, i'm just interested in ppl's experience in it. ^^

basically any skin that is tender.

like the inner thigh would hurt quite a bit too.

What age you got it? 19

Where did you get it? Back of my neck

What was it?It was just some words, a memorial for my dad

How painful was it?It was frightening because the sound of the needle was so close to my ears but it didn't hurt much, there was very little pain.

Do you regret it?Nope

Tips or advice before going? Eat beforehand? haha I'm not sure.

I want to get a tattoo on my shoulders and one on my ribs, I heard the ribs hurts a lot especially if there's not much fat there. I knew a guy who is a masochist with the cutting and all, he has a tattoo on his rib and said he could barely stand the pain for 1 hour. :o

My bestfriend got a tattoo that was about half her back and she said it was so painful but maybe because it was her first tattoo. She said that the outline hurt more than the shading but apparently the shading is supposed to hurt more? I don't know. Theres always going to be pain, and who cares about the placement or how painful it is, if you want a tattoo just endure it. :D

Guest minmook

it's painful, but what most people forget to mention how long it is. depending on how big one's tattoo is, it can take up to hours. the painful part is how long it goes on for. some people don't think it hurts much. for others, it's time. i mean for a few seconds, the pain is not much to speak of, make it a minute, and yeap it's painful. about half an hour later, (if you're lucky) maybe you'll be numb. but then again, it's subjective.

hope this is informative.

i got mine when i was 15

got it at a studio.

i kinda regretted the design. mine was a friendship tattoo, i don't regret the reason for the tattoo, but we were both 15, and yeahh, we could have chosen better designs.

sometimes i look at it and go ahhhhh, other days i look at it and go =)

the only thing you need to care about, is how much you like the design XD

Archived