How do you treat this?

pink_chocolate

I'm not even sure what it's called.
I've had this thing, on the corner of my lips, right on the very corner where my upper and lower lips are jointed... At first I thought it might be a cold sore or something, but it feels like a cut on it. Every time it dries up and I tried to open my mouth to eat something, it accidentally tears (open up again). I hate it because it hurts like hell and I can't hardly eat anything. I don't know how to cure it! Help!

Guest kitty_N

I use to get that a lot during the dry winters on my lips and my finger. I do have eczema though and it runs in my family so that might be it, though there could be other reasons. the cracks are super painful though. I always kept the cracks moisturized, i used aquaphor cream a lot. But I suggest you get it checked out by a professional. They might have something more efficient.

in winter, you have to keep your skin moisturize because of the dry weather.

i had them before and the pharmacist recommended me to use carmex lip

and once i started using it, the cuts went away

i heard vaseline works, but it didnt work for me

i also heard that burt's bee lip balm is good too

Guest -littlemochi

i actually have that right now hahaha, but i know it's annoying.

drink a lot of water and put vaseline on as you go to bed.

Guest nobody knows

I had that too

I'd put like excessive amounts of vaseline on it and it didn't help at all

I was recommended a lip balm by the brand of blistex (it's medicated, so it's not like vaseline that just traps moisture in and your lips get worse when you don't use it for a day)

omg

it's like magic~

Guest musiklover

it means your eatiing too much fry stuff drink more water and drink some those tea that help with soresthat can be a cut when you eat too much junk food

Guest str4wberri3s

Drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated and use lip balm/Vaseline to lock in the moisture. And try not to lick your lips cause it'll dry it out more

it means your eatiing too much fry stuff drink more water and drink some those tea that help with soresthat can be a cut when you eat too much junk food

yeah... I think that might have been the problem.. I been stress out and ate a lot of junk food, fried food. My lord... that might be the cause!

My Dad has excema so sometimes his skin will crack and even bleed. Recently, due to the colder woeather, his thumb starting cracking. So, I suggested Cicoplast by LaRoche which I use for a dry patch on my scalp.

http://www.laroche-posay.com/products-treatments/Cicaplast/Irritated-skin-r42.aspx

It's expensive but he put it on at night and the next morning the crack was 50% better.

Guest soupers

blueberry yogurt!

eat it and put some on the cut area...

it works for me...

i dont know why it works... but it just does for some reason XD

Guest FireDragon

I get this every time it's cold.. like late fall/winter, and currently have it on both corners of my mouth. Last winter, I put Natio lip balm (the best!!) on it everyday and it healed in no time. But since a soompier said medicated Blistex works and I'm out of Natio I'll try that! 

Chapped lips?

The best thing to do is use a really good lip balm, and drink plenty of water. :D

I usually use an eczema ointment on it cause' lip balms are too weak for me. :P

Archived