I MADE DISTRICT CHORUS!

JohnnyMoon

=]
Oh man, I can't believe what just happened. Last Saturday, I had an audition for the District Chorus. In order to get the chance to AUDITION for districts, you have to be picked as one of the four best singers within your part (soprano, alto, tenor, or bass) in your school. I tried as a Tenor... And I got the nod to audition =] But when I got there for the audition... Wow. There were a lot of people, and ALL of them were good. I was so shocked to be in an auditorium full of good singers... For district chorus, there are 8 sections (soprano 1,2; alto 1,2; tenor 1,2; bass 1,2), and they choose 20 singers per section, so 20 x 8 = 160. I auditioned as a Tenor 1... For audition, I had to do four things: sing a scale (G -> G for Tenor 1), sightreading (singing from a sheet music that the district judges made), and singing two pieces (Si Cut Locutus Est, Sing Joyfully). It was my very first audition, and I was madd nervous... When I came out I wasn't necessarily angry with how I did, but I thought that I could have done a LOT better if my nerves didn't get in my way. ==; In any case, I got the results today, and I got in! What was even more surprising was that I was ranked 5th out of the Tenor 1's! :) I'm just shocked and happy with the results... I really thought I wouldn't make it, especially with all those great singers... Wow, I sound like I'm bragging here. x_X But please, share the happiness with me. :) Here are the criterias that the Judges critique on, and how I did: Scale: 17/20 Tone Quality: 62/80 Pitch: 63/80 Rhythm: 66/80 Musicianship/Preparation: 128/160 Sightreading Pitch: 20/20 Sightreading Rhythm: 20/20 Total: 376/460 Rank: 5/44 (only top 20 got into chorus) Did anyone else make any auditions/choruses? And if you did, congrats! :] And if anyone has any questions regarding preparing for auditions and such, feel free to ask... I would be glad to answer them to the best of my abilities. :)

Guest lovablekrnstar63

woww

awesome possum

..well i made the so-cal choir for junior high-ers last year (when i was in 8th grade)

all you needed to try out was to have a teacher sign a form =)

i made it as a second soprano

but when i found out how much you had to practice i backed out

i didnt have that much time -_-;;

great job on making the choir!

Guest j1youngxj3

congrats~~~my friend from my school made the districts too! he's either a tenor 1 or 2...i don't know which one but...wow...top 5~~that's pretty good. great job >:DD

Guest `starry.night

wow...congrats!!! I didn't try out for any auditions this year but in april our choir's going to Chicago for the Gold Tournament :D...but congrats ^^ :D

Guest tinasarangg

CONGRATZ JOHNNY =)

not surprising that you got in, you've got one of the best voices here.

your critique is quite impressive. nice jobb<3

Guest conversebunny

Congratulations!!!! ^^b it's soooo impressive that you ranked 5 out of 44!!!! O.O!

I made All-state choir last year. Is that the same thing as the district chorus in your state? basically how all-state choir works is your state is divided up into several regions, and all high schoolers within the same region compete to get into Regional Choir. After you get in regionals, you are eligible to compete for all-state, which is competition among all the high schoolers in your state.

too bad I can't audition this year...my schedule didn't work out so I'm not in choir anymore. ;_; but I had so much fun! and I'm sure you will too in district chorus!!! be sure to tell us how it went! :)

Guest babiixru

johnnnnnnnnnnnnny! congrats (: i can already see you're oozing with exciteement. another wonderful uh braggy item you can add to your brag sheet for college ;D

Thanks everyone for your encouragements :)

I made All-state choir last year. Is that the same thing as the district chorus in your state? basically how all-state choir works is your state is divided up into several regions, and all high schoolers within the same region compete to get into Regional Choir. After you get in regionals, you are eligible to compete for all-state, which is competition among all the high schoolers in your state.

Wow, all-state? That's awesome! It's regionals after this, and THEN states... I sure hope I get to make states. x_x

I heard your soundclick. You sing good, no wonder you got into states :) Were you alto or soprano?

Archived