You're Prettyish/you're Not Ugly

Guest girly_berry

Guest girly_berry
what do you think of these comments?
I've been called "you're prettyish" and "you're not ugly" but I'm not sure if they can be classified as compliments. It's like they're saying you're A BIT pretty but not really lol. I get "you're prettyish" especially and i get annoyed. I take it as you're kinda pretty but you're kinda ugly too. ROFL am i interpreting it wrong?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nobody knows

maybe.... you're just overthinking?

I do that too. It's not exactly good, but... hey, at least you're not going "THANKS!!" to something that's not a compliment

Guest Carmen.

Usually, when people say that to me, I usually interpret it as they think I'm ugly and they're just being fake-nice.

Especially girls that say it to me like "You're pretty...ish."

Guest StrawberryPunch

Ok is this U asking how do I look and they answer?...if not I would be like WHO ASKED U?...I really dunt care how ppl think I look. but I guess I get annoyed at the fact they felt they needed to voice their Opinion..Oh and Most ppl that say stuff like that are haters and trying to make ppl feel back, cuz they feel like the person just MAYBE pretteir than them.

pretty...ish? lol if someone said that to me, i'd probably take that as a half-compliment..they probably meant i'm lil above average but not exactly pretty??? i don't even know -___-

sometimes the ppl actually mean it but most of the time they're trying to be nice. but most ppl are just really ignorant and dont think of what they say so dont really worry about it

Guest Storytime

I guess the comment they were looking for is average? >< I don't know, I think those comments are so someone won't feel as bad.

Guest JunRi<3

I always interpreted "you're not ugly" as in, "Nah you're not horrendously ugly" but it obviously doesn't mean your pretty.. because if you or other people thought you were.. you wouldn't be having this conversation. =O

Does it really matter what other people say though? Even if you were truly unpretty but all you did was want people to say you're pretty, theres not much of a difference. (Which makes me wonder, what IS beauty? What people say? It's opinion... so I say everyone's beautiful. I sound cheesy now.) Obviously it's not really good to feel that you were born a certain way and you have to live it down, but simply taking care of yourself and your attitude towards the world can make you "prettier" in certain degrees.. haha I'm trailing off topic..

But imo, these type of comments ("noo you're not ugly" "you're kinda pretty!") are just to put the lightest layer of candy coating on the truth. :ph34r:

Guest geruhjima

what kind of idiot said that to you? jeez

it's pretty b*tchy to just say "you're not ugly/you're pretty..ish"

screw them

and yeah i've had a guy say to to me before.. "you're alright.."

but then now he says "you are so hot"

go figure

Guest chuiee

i think pretty-ish and not ugly means average

well who cares what others say.. whether compliment or diss dont let them bring you down sweetie... im not telling you to think you are the shiet but just dont let words make you feel bad

Guest koreancutie01

Do you have a problem with people saying these things (which, it doesn't sound like they are trying to be mean, but just as a result of them being put in the spotlight and unwilling to outright lie) or with the way you look? Everyone has flaws...accept them, work on improving what makes YOU feel good, and move on.

Guest swtlilazn

Usually, when people say that to me, I usually interpret it as they think I'm ugly and they're just being fake-nice.

Especially girls that say it to me like "You're pretty...ish."

lol, yeh, i get that too! hahaha...hearing that pause inbetween 'pretty....ish' is horrible..LOL....its like they have to 'think' about deciding whether ur ugly or not

i wouldnt take it as a compliment.....but than again, im probably overthinking it, i guess the bottom line is to accept urself + ur flaws and dont give a damn what ppl say..lol.

you're pretty-ish? haha i think it's better off if they didn't say anything at all. people are weird. just tell them.. "you're pretty-ish too! :D" haha

Archived