Oprah Winfrey Vs. Tyra Banks

Guest junke

Guest junke

:D
who's better? Oprah or Tyra?

if both of them suck, then name the talk show host you like most =D

personally, i thinks Tyra is "cooler" but Oprah is more fun... and she gives stuff away lol =P

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheTricycle

Didn't they both gave stuff away? Tyra's show brings drama and a lot of subject to relate to race. xD Oprah is on the softer side for that.. I guess more motherly and nurturing.

yea, tyra is more dramatic..but i enjoy ophrah more because it provides better views at certain issues and its more serious, in depth and more motivating/touching. =]

Guest Johnny Y

lol, sad to say, I've watched a lot of both (I grew up in a family of women).

Tyra's pretty funny - her commentary and some of her questions to guests are outrageous. BUT, from what I remember of Tyra, she can really get to bullying her guests if they refuse to see her point. I think that might be fun to watch for some people, but I prefer an interview to actually be an interview.

Oprah, when she actually discusses serious issues, is actually really interesting. You can tell her questions are focused and directed (probably from her journalism background) and she's a lot more calm and nurturing when discussing most issues.

Since I'm a guy, I'll also mention that Tyra's great because she's attractive and she sometimes invites her gorgeous VS model friends/other models.

Truth be told, I'd rather watch neither, but since that's mostly not an option for me, I pick Tyra since I feel a little bit less like a middle-aged woman when I'm watching her show.

Guest tokyo_chick

I don't see How can you even compare them...they are two different people from two different eras..I don't see the comparison or where the versus is other than they they both have a talk show??

Guest blue_shoe

Tyra is annoying, she seems to immitate the "I care" personality of Oprah. She dramatizes emotions more than it is. I'm sorry to fans out there really, but please respect my opinion and not dis me. Love, hahahaha.

I go for Oprah all the way.

Didn't they both gave stuff away? Tyra's show brings drama and a lot of subject to relate to race. xD Oprah is on the softer side for that.. I guess more motherly and nurturing.

Oprah gave away more expensive stuff though

She once gave away cars and vacations.

I don't watch Oprah, don't have the time. So I dunno which one is better.

Tyra most of the topics are about beauty and fashions and some educational topics such as drinking and partying, boring after awhile.

But I like her personality, so bubbly and fun to watch.

Guest bhebie9

Oprah is the MOTHER of all T.V shows! I loved her first! Tyra is cool though! I really really like her shows eh!

Guest junke

I don't see How can you even compare them...they are two different people from two different eras..I don't see the comparison or where the versus is other than they they both have a talk show??

lol, im comparing them because one time, i was watching tyra and that one guy.. flava flav or something like that came out and he was like: "You better watch out Oprah because Tyra is the next talk show host" or something of that sort and Tyra was like: "I didnt say that Oprah, it's not me". So yeah, i was just wondering. =D

Guest ima_robot

Tyra is for a more youthful crowd as for Oprah, shes more mature and so are her topics on the show.. well most of them.

i like the Tyra show better btw.

Guest HeffyEnd

What about watching ellen?

I'd most definately watch ellen than those two.

Yeah, but Oprah and Tyras shows are more similar. And they come on at the same time.

I prefer Oprah, cause I've watched her longer. I do like Tyra though, sometimes if whats on Oprah doesn't interest me, I'll watch Tyra instead.

I think Tyra appeals to a younger demographic. More teens/young people will watch her show compared to Oprahs older crowd. Although Oprahs a household name so pretty much people of all ages watch her show. I'm 17 and I prefer her show.

Oprah! She's always ahead of her game. I don't know how she does it, but she always manages to interview the people involved in the biggest news - the kid who was gone of ____ years, and the V-tech event. Her stories are just interesting. she's got more experience then Tyra.

Archived