Dating. How Do You Go About It?

Guest choochootrang

Guest choochootrang

do you jump in head first, or test your compatibility?
i have two friends, t and k.

t's method.

when t is interested in dating someone, she does; simple as that.

she allows the guy she is interested in to first initiate things / ask her out.

if she likes him, they will immediately become "boyfriend" and "girlfriend".

if things do not work out, they break up.

k's method.

when k is interested in dating someone, she and the guy "talk".

by "talk", i mean that she and the guy would give being together a "test run"

by talking / texting and going on outings in order to get to know each other.

if things do not look like they would work out, k or the guy do not talk as

frequently, but remain friends.

i personally prefer k's method, but i have several friends that go about t's "method".

so, soompians, who's method would you / do you follow, t's or k's?

which method of becoming "boyfriend and girlfriend "do you prefer??

Guest choochootrang

I like K's method. I'd like to get to know the guy first, talk to him and don't rush things.

me too. C: i think it's best to get to know the guy first, and take it slow.

t rushes into things without really considering what the guy is truly like.

Guest yellowfishieee

Lol I have the subtlety of a 4th grader, I pretty much just ask a guy if he's interested in dating (being my boyfriend) and that's that. I dislike the ambiguity of "does he like me the same way I like him?" I prefer to be blunt and upfront about the whole thing.

So....T's method =D

Guest x SaRaNg HaE x

I like k's method.

My roommate also has a different approach to dating too [she's from Norcal and I'm from Socal, if that matters].

Where I'm from: people date first [which is the period to get to know one another], and then become boyfriend/girlfriend.

My roommate's method: people immediately become boyfriend/girlfriend if they like one another [this is dating already].

Guest choochootrang

i like k's method more...i dun like to rush on things esp in relationships

yeah. i like to know what i'm getting into, you know?

Lol I have the subtlety of a 4th grader, I pretty much just ask a guy if he's interested in dating (being my boyfriend) and that's that. I dislike the ambiguity of "does he like me the same way I like him?" I prefer to be blunt and upfront about the whole thing.

So....T's method =D

but you won't know whether / how much he sucks until it's too late. :'D

Guest Davichi

K's method. I'd rather not rush things since when I go out with a guy, I don't see it as just dating, I look at it as he could be my future husband, so I'd rather get to know him before getting into a relationship.

Guest choochootrang

I like k's method.

My roommate also has a different approach to dating too [she's from Norcal and I'm from Socal, if that matters].

Where I'm from: people date first [which is the period to get to know one another], and then become boyfriend/girlfriend.

My roommate's method: people immediately become boyfriend/girlfriend if they like one another [this is dating already].

you explained it nicely haha.

that's like how it is here ( louisiana ), though fewer people seem to be going about k's method. :c

people pass it off for k being asian, but i don't think it has much, if anything at all, to do with that. in my opinion, it's about

wanting to get to know people before jumping into something and finding certain things out too late. if that makes sense.

Definitely KKKKK

No doubt about it

: D

K's method. I'd rather not rush things since when I go out with a guy, I don't see it as just dating, I look at it as he could be my future husband, so I'd rather get to know him before getting into a relationship.

nicely put. :]

i think some people that would prefer t's method say that because they don't like the idea

of putting so much effort into a relationship. they want to immediately get to the "fun stuff".

but i personally think dating in the sense of getting to know guys is fun.

also,

DBSK and Super Juniorrr. ♥

Guest oshkoshbagosh18

i'm not a person who dates at all but I like K's method better

because I think at the beginning all things start off as "I'm interest in/ attracted to"

and you cant really base a relationship off of interest or attraction most times so

I'm most definitely going with K

Like everyone else, i like K's method better.

You should get to know the person before you start going out with them.

Sometimes that person might not be who you think they will be.

Guest yellowfishieee

but you won't know whether / how much he sucks until it's too late. :'D

Well then maybe I do a combination of the two? I mean, I start off the "relationship" slow so if it doesn't work out within the first few weeks then it's not that big of a deal. I've actually only done this once and I was lucky that it worked out, so I don't know if it's really my "style" but I definitely propositioned my boyfriend straight-out.

Guest choochootrang

Well then maybe I do a combination of the two? I mean, I start off the "relationship" slow so if it doesn't work out within the first few weeks then it's not that big of a deal. I've actually only done this once and I was lucky that it worked out, so I don't know if it's really my "style" but I definitely propositioned my boyfriend straight-out.

that's good. there's nothing wrong with a combination of the two. :]

the thing is, sometimes those girls that go about t's method begin

to look like they "get around" due to jumping from boyfriend to boyfriend.

but definitely not all of them; only the few specific people i know.

Like everyone else, i like K's method better.

You should get to know the person before you start going out with them.

Sometimes that person might not be who you think they will be.

exactly.

by dating in the sense of getting to know them better, you get to see their good and bad sides ahead of time.

i like K's method cuz i dont wanna go out with someone and break up like right after.

that's what i like about k's method - it lowers the possibilities of that immediate break up. :]

Guest yellowfishieee

that's good. there's nothing wrong with a combination of the two. :]

the thing is, sometimes those girls that go about t's method begin

to look like they "get around" due to jumping from boyfriend to boyfriend.

but definitely not all of them; only the few specific people i know.

I think unless you jump directly from one boyfriend to the next, it's pretty easy to avoid looking....well, easy =P Same goes for the people who use T's method but only for a couple guys (meaning not every attractive guy you pass). Either way, it's always a good idea to really get to know a person before you get too attached/involved.

Guest tofu plushie

I would say K's method since I would like to take things slow. It would be annoying to keeping breaking up if I was not compatible with them.

Guest popolala

k's method.. i would start off as friends first.. and if friendship developed then it just brings us to a new level... called relationship! ..

i know some ppl like to get to know someone in a relationship.. but by the time u know the real them.. u mite not like them.. so why get yourself in a mess...

Archived