Abercrombie Model Tips?

Guest aiyashisuey

Guest aiyashisuey

help?
Last Saturday, two ladies from Abercrombie just popped up and asked me if i wanted to model for their store. I have an interview tomorrow, and I honestly have no clue what to wear or how to prepare for it! I've never modelled before and i have never SHOPPED at abercrombie. so i have no abercrombie clothes at all. i asked the lady what i should wear and she said "Dress like an abercrombie model".

I'm Asian, 17 yrs old, 5"7.5, and weigh like..uhhh 125 pounds? (thats the last time i checked. ive been pigging out ever since my chem, physics, and calc ap classes started loading up on me) i really dont think i look like a typical abercrombie model, so i have no clue what they see in me.

when they came up to me, i had my hair in a pony tail and i wear wearing sandals, khaki shorts, and a gray v-neck from gap. nothing special lol.

any advice or tips guys? or any suggestions? anyone have past experiences modelling there?

im not quite sure if this is the right thread, so please do tell me if its not.

Guest ginger

A model/brand rep are basically the same thing. You'll just kind of stand there at the entrance and greet people. Usually, it's a guy and a girl standing together. Easy job...no real work experience needed at all.

-ginger

Guest plegend2007

Dude...make sure that it is legit....

I modeled for A & F for a year and this doesn't sound like the norm. I had to audition and go through many stages and process before they chose me. Most guys that i was auditioning with were tall and pretty buff...I am 6' 4" and weigh about 220LB.

If it is legit, i hope you get it, you can make a lot of money and they have some really cool clothes. I have boat load of A & F clothing and wear them at school all the time.

If you have question regarding A & F...just let me know.

GOOD LUCK.

by modeling, you need like model in store or like on their actual poster and things like that.

if in store, first you need to buy some AF clothes. all people in there wear AF clothes. you basically just need o greet people and fold clothes.

umm hahah i think she meant a different kind of model

My girlfriend worked at A&F for a while and she said that when they say model, they mean the people who work at the store. (ie walk around and help people find what theyre looking for)

Guest blisskiss

I'm pretty sure she just means a brand rep, right? It's not like they were from corporate trying to scout models... they have auditions for that.

They are just trying to get you to work in their store for meager pay. (I used to work there too, baw!) Just look natural and wear similar stuff as the other people working in the store. No biggie. :)

Guest auroralbutterfly

They meant brand rep. You're basically asked to be a sales associate at Abercrombie. In my opinion, they like tall and fairly good looking people =) That's how it was for my sister at least.

You don't really need to dress too formally. They want you to dress in their style. Don't wear something that has another store's logo showing though. Haha. You don't have to wear their clothes to the interview. Just something without logos, since you're going to represent their store and not others.

Guest af.726

^ yeahh. I think they may have meant for you to work at the store

I know one guy that modeled for the actual A&F campaigns (pictures on there website etc.), and he started first by working in the stores

Regardless. Just wear a nice pair of jeans, solid colour top (something figure fitting) and nice shoes (perhaps a nice pair of sandals or flats, since the the style at A&F is more casual you don't need to wear heels, plus you are tall!)

Guest moley

The position is called "model" because you are supposed to model their clothes for them for the shoppers. When you go to the interview, wear abercrombie clothes. If you don't have any, jeans, shirt & flip flops will do (or Chuck taylors/Vans for shoes if it's too cold where you live). Do not wear other brand clothes that will obviously stand out though -- such as HCO, AE, etc. Also be prepared to answer those interview questions & if you really want the job, you have to stand out from others because it's a GROUP interview. If you don't stand out, they won't remember you and your chance of getting hired goes down. The hiring process didn't take too long after the interview either, one week at the max. I found out the day after my interview. =) Hope that helps.

Guest l3oosh

I think if you don't wear something Abercrombie to work, you should be able to pick something from the floor (from what the store has) and wear it for the day? That's the way it works at White House Black Market. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest aiyashisuey

they want me to work there as a sales associate? im sure they would have told me if they did... but the lady gave me this little card that says "casting" on it.

anyway, ive had my fair share of jobs and i enjoy school and really dont want to spend time folding clothes

Guest plegend2007

My bad....I thought you were a guy :blush: writing the post...ooops :phew:

Well, looking at your height as a female...you are definitely tall enough and the last time i checked, A & F was looking for a diversity in ethnicity and also more female models. Maybe they are looking for a fresh new face, idk...anyways, from the other posts, it does look like they are looking for a sales person but if they are really looking for a fresh face model, you can double check and make sure that it is just not another scam.

Check their website and call their main office and confirm the person that gave you the business card. You can go from there. Good luck and if you have any questions, let me know.

Guest duh123

when i hear of af models, i just think of the floor models. they usually do not come up to someone in a store to ask them to model for pictures unless that person looks like a real model. floor models just basically greet the people who walk in, talk pictures with customers, and fold the clothes on the floor they are on. i heard its a pretty relaxed job. wear a polo, blue jeans, and flip flops or converse. if you dont like the brand, you wont like working there. you might have to spray the cologne every half an hr or so or something like that. you know that smell af and their clothes have? i know they definitely spray that stuff around the store constantly. good luck though.

Archived