Fat Lips

Guest wiwi_an

Guest wiwi_an

how to make them appear smaller?

fake-fuller-lips.jpg

I know a lot of ppl like to achieve full, plump lips with lipgloss. but my lips are plump..but they're FAT. ok not humongous that its deformed but i can't put on lipgloss bc it'll just accentuate my big lips. is there any tips on how to make my lips appear smaller? but i still want a natural look?

thanks

below is a re-used thread, some comments arent relevant to this post

Guest pixai

For foundation.. depends how much you are willing to spend.. But I'm guessing you wouldn't want to pay a lot for something you'd use for a few ocassions? ;)

It also depends on the coverage you want aswell, like heavy, medium, light...

One of my favourite drugstore foundations are Rimmel Lasting finish ( medium coverage ),Revlon colorstay with softflex (can go to heavy coverage easily , but lots of colors to choose from, a bit pricy tho ).

But if you only need to wear something light coverage, perhaps try something like the maybelline pure makeup or almay which are both really light.

And yes for powder foundation, it is surely recommended to add a bit of water to your sponge so that the foundation wont go on too powdery and heavy, just make sure to wash the sponge a bit afterwards.

If its a brush, same thing. the wet application would probably do the same too :)

i recommend maybelline dream matte mousse foundation, its really smooth and it makes your skin looks fresh. although its pretty expensive 6-$8 base on where you buy them. they have it at wal mart, walgreen, rite aid, long drug and anywhere that has a makeup section. :D

Guest wiwi_an

For foundation.. depends how much you are willing to spend.. But I'm guessing you wouldn't want to pay a lot for something you'd use for a few ocassions? ;)

It also depends on the coverage you want aswell, like heavy, medium, light...

One of my favourite drugstore foundations are Rimmel Lasting finish ( medium coverage ),Revlon colorstay with softflex (can go to heavy coverage easily , but lots of colors to choose from, a bit pricy tho ).

But if you only need to wear something light coverage, perhaps try something like the maybelline pure makeup or almay which are both really light.

And yes for powder foundation, it is surely recommended to add a bit of water to your sponge so that the foundation wont go on too powdery and heavy, just make sure to wash the sponge a bit afterwards.

If its a brush, same thing. the wet application would probably do the same too :)

i recommend maybelline dream matte mousse foundation, its really smooth and it makes your skin looks fresh. although its pretty expensive 6-$8 base on where you buy them. they have it at wal mart, walgreen, rite aid, long drug and anywhere that has a makeup section. :D

thanks so much ^^

seems like maybelline sounds pretty good and within my price range :]

i wuld luv a light appearance and the maybelline pure makeup sounds good

Guest yoroshiku90

i do NOT recommend Maybelline's: Dream matte mousse foundation, Dream liquid mousse foundation

especially if you have dry skin.

they will just slide right off your face

I do recommend from drugstores:

Maybelline's Age rewind Foundation in Cream or Liquid. I prefer cream because it is not runny

Revlon Colorstay w/ Soft Flex

Very good results

If you're going to prom, you probably want to set it with a powder.

I recommend NYC loose powder in transparent (about 3.00) in drugstores.

It'll help make your foundation last throughout the night.

And it's something good to hang on to for special occasions when you wear your makeup. It's really big too so you'll never run out by the rate your wearing it :]

Guest lekaaa

Revlon's Colorstay Foundation is one of the best drugstore foundations. Usually they are $12, but sometimes there are "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" sales!

Guest mz_imperfect

I'm all for Everyday Minerals. 3.13 (shipping because the sample kit is free) for a sample kit that includes 3 foundations to find your shade, a blush, and concealer. Yayy

Guest beana*

make up forever's HD foundation is the best.

my face looks flawless after application.

I AGREE! My face is so flawless and it last ALL DAY ontop of that its so lightweight like I'm wearing nothing. However this is like $42 dollars and you said drugstore so I would recommend revoln colorstay with softflex. I wore this in high school and it looked great even in pictures.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest alligatortears

you can sleep with the spongy ones with the clip.

you'll get tight curls that will unravel a little throughout the day (depending on your hair type and how much of what you spray/put into your hair).

for the prickly ones,

you set those in,

then blow dry.

this is to create volume, not so much curls.

after you've blow dried,

you curl with an iron or whatever you prefer..

since you have short thick curls,

you might want to use the spongy ones and sleep with them in overnight.

the curls are going to turn out a little messy though..

so imo,

i'd just use a curling iron.

it does damage,

but use a heat protectant..

the curls are going to turn out a lot better

than with the spongy ones..

the prickly ones aren't going to do much curling for short, thick hair.

Guest morningcall

I'm not sure how they work but I've found that the spongy ones do work better at curling hair. The prickly ones fall out easier and can't hold as much hair.

The size of the roller does matter. Try a smaller size. Bigger size may just add volume as opposed to curls.

Have fun!

Guest WalnutCake

Neither makes a really nice curl.

The sponge rollers make a really tight curl, even if you use a bigger roller. If you wind the hair loose, the roller slips out.

The self hold velcro rollers don't curl, they just add volume, they also tear a lot of hair out in the process.

The one with pricks, can be good, if you have short hair or you use a curling iron on the hair first.

They tangle very easily in long hair.

Guest thaomeezy

The prickly ones are weird. I've used ones just like them but different brand. they kinda hurt my hair.

• 1 month later...
Guest spacez
;) I think the satin roller are better, I only use the plastic rollers, so I don't know what is better between the two.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ` J e s s

Do you have pictures of your lips, or something similar? That would help. =)

But from what I've heard, correct me if I'm wrong, is that matte lipstick helps make your lips appear smaller. But I don't know for sure.

Archived