--job Interview--

Guest tokki

Guest tokki

Please help!! [pics inside]
I have a job interview on Monday for an administrative assistant job at a foreign language center (translations, TEFL certificate, teaches English, etc).

I used the search tool, and the older topics were more for retail jobs which I've had so I know how to dress for those. This place is a more "professional" setting, but the problem is I don't own a suit of any kind. I have nice dress pants and shirts. I know overdressing is better than under dressing, but I don't have money right now to invest in a suit (hence why I need a job -____- ). Would it be okay to do black pants/skirt with a nice top or sweater/cardigan?

Are any of the below 'acceptable' for a job interview? This interview is very important to me since it took such a long time to even have someone call back.

br-otf-out15460odv01.jpg

br-otf-out15457odv01.jpg

br-otf-out15451odv01.jpg

If I wear a dress shirt though shouldn't I wear a coordinating suit jacket with it?? Or is it acceptable to wear by itself?

Thank in advance. :)

Guest porcelain

I really like the first two, they are still professional and corporate looking and would be perfect imo. I think skirts are versatile because you can wear loads of nice dress blouses/knits/tops without having to buy a jacket.

Good luck with the interview

Guest *wenDzie^^*

they are all pretty ok

but instead of the cardigan, wear a suit jacket

it's always better to be over dressed (suits) rather than casual :)

since it's an admin job as opposed to a retail job interview

good luck :)

Guest Angel_luvusa

first one because darker colors are more professional

I agree.

And if you do wear a dress, than I believe it should either have sleeves or yes, you should wear a jacket with it.

Guest Kuria

The first one should be fine ^o^

I read on the news the other day that a woman failed her interview before she even got to the interview because her clothes were too revealing and she wore too much make up o_o

Guest ` J e s s

I like the styles of the first two, but I think the colors of the first one would be more acceptable. I don't really like the third one, it seems too casual imo. :/

Guest tokki

Ahhh thank you guys so much! Hm..may have to go shopping. I have a blouse that is like the first picture, but it is close to a Tiffany's type of color. Is that too bright??

Guest 5imply_5wt

Ahhh thank you guys so much! Hm..may have to go shopping. I have a blouse that is like the first picture, but it is close to a Tiffany's type of color. Is that too bright??

humm the tiffany blue might be a bit too bright. depends on your skin colour though. if you are fair to white then you might be able to pull it off. but a darker blue might be better.

Guest Meenuh

I don't think i'd feel comfortable going to a job interview with opened toe shoes. I don't even think i'd wear a skirt. I'd just go with something like #3. Pants and a plain blouse.

If you are going to wear a skirt I think you should wear stockings as well.

Guest _ATELIER

i would always wear something on the lines of #3.

i like pants. esp the editor ones from Express, tailored real nicee.

Archived