Curling with scrunchies...

Guest seoulcincinatti

i do it all the time :)

works best after showering... (and with long- medium hair)

all i do is wrap my hair around into a big bun and tie it and just sleep on it. :D

and then VOILA! its curly~

i guess it'll stay on longer if you use gel or spray...

but i don't. and the curls go away after like 5 hours.

i do it all the time :)

works best after showering... (and with long- medium hair)

all i do is wrap my hair around into a big bun and tie it and just sleep on it. :D

and then VOILA! its curly~

i guess it'll stay on longer if you use gel or spray...

but i don't. and the curls go away after like 5 hours.

i noticed that my hair get's some nice curls after i make it into a bun as well, but i always get a crimp where i tied my hair, and it's super noticeable, it looks like when you tie your hair into a ponytail and take it off

how do you avoid getting the hair crimp?

i noticed that my hair get's some nice curls after i make it into a bun as well, but i always get a crimp where i tied my hair, and it's super noticeable, it looks like when you tie your hair into a ponytail and take it off

how do you avoid getting the hair crimp?

You can tie it tightly, just use a fabric scrunchy.

Always use fabric scrunchies when you can, they won't damage your hair. I use them when I sleep at night and I never wake up with any lumps in my hair.

Guest ellie_love

Its pretty easy! I wash my hair and apply leave-in conditioner etc.

Then bun it up with either 1 or 2 scruniches and get a hair dyer to 'set' or sleep on it which I do it most of the time.

Then remove and style as usual.

Positioning, I do it like Chun-Li aka 2 buns :)

just make a high loose bun and sleep with it. works best with long hair.

if theres some crimp.. spritz the area with water to straighten it out.

Guest bonbons

I put my hair up when it's still slightly wet after washing, and wear it for as long as I can, and when I take it off I'd have nice wavy / slighly curly hair.

but I don't do it with scrunchies, I always put up my hair with a long stick of some sort. ie chopsticks, paint brushes. I can do it really tight and my hair'd turn out really nice.

Guest gingerpeach

Does your hair have to be slightly damp to work?

And does someone wanna snap a quick pic of the bun to see how it should look like? XD

Guest xnanairodays

Yep the bun thing, works for me~

Your hair has to be slightly damp.

It's usually best to sleep on it (if you showered at night)

If you're not leaving it over night, blow dry your hair when you've put your hair in buns already, apply the heat to them.

Apply some kind of styling mouse to damp hair FIRST, then make buns.

Make 3 buns, is better. 2 on the sides one in the middle .The smaller pieces of hair strands=better looking curls

where as if you tie it in a big bun you'll get more of an old Hollywood glam look, wavyyyyy.

Unravel the buns in the morning , good to use styling clay/gel to define strands of curls, finally a bit of hairspray !

Also if there are any pieces you want to make a bit curlier, grab strands and curl them with a hair curler for a few seconds.

Voila !

Guest --*pinkberri

i get what everyone is saying, but when i put my hair into a bun, the curls/waves never look right. any tips? i have very fine & thin hair =(

Archived