Rupert Grint: 'I'm not trying to shock with risqué roles'

sugarplum892

Rupert Grint has insisted that he is not trying to "shock" his fans by taking on more risqué roles.
The Harry Potter star plays punk musician Cheetah Chrome in CBGB, and will also portray a gangster in the West End play Mojo.
Harry Potter Studio Tour: Rupert Grint

In an interview with USA Today, Grint said that his recent roles have not been an attempt to disassociate himself from the Harry Potter franchise.
"It's not really that I am trying to shock people or make a big statement," he said. "It's just part of moving on."
Grint went on to admit that he is intimidated to be working in the West End in Mojo.

"This is a completely new thing, a whole new level," the actor declared. "It does scare me. That's kind of a reason why I want to do it."
CBGB is expected to debut on October 11 in the US. Further release details have not yet been announced.
Source

Archived