The Next Generation of K-Pop Idols in Dramas

With May rolling in, many idols have featured in the new spring dramas. Among the many idol actors, SISTAR's Bora, Rainbow's Woori, VIXX's Hong Bin, and BIG BANG's Seungri have created some buzz between  drama viewers. So how are they doing acting in major dramas?

bora

SISTAR's Bora will feature as a North Korean defector in the upcoming SBS drama "Doctor Stranger." Known as SISTAR's sexy rapper, Bora will make her acting debut as Park Hoon's, played by actor Lee Jong Suk, close friend. Despite her closeness with Lee Jong Suk's character, even calling him hyung, Bora's character will be a one who has a one sided love for Park Hoon. "Doctor Stranger" is set to broadcast in May. 

hong bin woori

Rainbow's Go Woori and VIXX's Hong Bin play a married couple in SBS "Glorious Day." Although Woori has experienced some acting in past sitcoms and short dramas, this will be Hong Bin's acting debut. In a previous radio broadcast, Woori expressed, "VIXX has always been kind and polite junior colleagues, so I am happy to be connected with Hong Bin. In the past I've heard Hong Bin's acting voice on the radio and I thought it was nice for acting. Although this is my first official drama, I hope not to be nervous and simply enjoy every moment." The drama was set to broadcast its first episode on April 26, yet that may be postponed due to the Sewol ferry tragedy.

angel eyes

Currently, BIG BANG's Seungri acts as a rookie firefighter in SBS's "Angel Eyes." The BIG BANG member acts as a goofy and hilarious rookie firefighter whose thick regional accent is hard to miss. Ironically, the character's thick regional accent is mixed with his English as Seungri's character was raised overseas as Teddy Suh. Although this is Seungri's first acting gig in Korea, the singer has previously acted in several Japanese dramas.

With many idols dipping their feet in to the acting world, many wonder just how good some of these top idols are when it comes to acting. So how do you think these singers will do in their new dramas? 

Source (1)

View the full article

Archived