유리상자 - 사랑해도 될까요

Guest bboyrushfive

Guest bboyrushfive

First time harmonizing, need help~~ - x-;;
soundclick

the weird thing is i know how to harmonize some parts, but not others. i mean in general, isn't there numerous ways to harmonize with some melody? and i don't know how to mix the harmonizations; do i make the harmonizations louder or quieter than the actual track?

anyways, any comments and critique are helpful and appreciated

take a listen and leave something!

and btw, the harmonizing comes at the 2nd half of the song lol

Guest ABCLiterate

I find it really funny that you're harmonizing to the track...I've never thought of that lol...I usually just grab someone to sing with me.

Anyways, I didn't have time to listen to the whole thing, just skipped to the middle and listened to like the first 5 or so seconds of the harmony...

The person who's singing lower needs to sing higher, not an octave higher...but like a note or two maybe...especially around that awkward area around 2:06 or something...and it sounds like you're about to choke or something...(no offense intended), but I just think you didn't have enough breath or something.

and that's about as far as I listened to...back to hw, maybe i'll help some more later, though I don't think I helped much to begin with.

Guest bands182

you have potential :)

im liking what i hear...good job, i find it pretty hard to harmonise let alone sing!! haha...

keep working on it ^^

may want to do a collab one day....[but ill need to imporve on my singing first haha]

xxx

Guest bboyrushfive

ABCLiterate: haha if you have time could u listen to the rest and let me know what you think? i looked back at 2:06 ish and i didnt hear any 'choking' parts haha x_X;;

geneyoonit: patiently waiting...... zzZZZ

bands182: tyty ;D

Guest ABCLiterate

I can't really give any specifics, but I've listened to MOST of it, and I'll tell you that for the most part, it's really good. I don't know if you've taken physics, but I believe as a singer you should have the knowledge that when two (or more) frequencies match, it'll produce a resonance...basically what harmony is in music and such as it is with tuning forks in physics lol. Anyways, you've done it for the most part, but of course it wasn't perfect, but I don't expect many people to hit it right on the spot. If you've ever listened to the Taiwanese band F4, they harmonize VERY VERY well. Well, to make things short, some parts were off and the frequencies just didn't quite match, causing it to sound...well you know like notes clashing together.

But overall, it was very good for your first time...we all get it wrong and I'm sure it takes forever to get it right even when you're a professional. So :D don't give up, and yeah I'm sure the off-notes will get better the next time I'll be able to hear you harmonize.

>=] gonna go try and harmonize to a track myself now...never done that before xDD

edit// oh and i think, that it's when you first begin to harmonize to that line or whatever, is when it sounds weird, but later on, you adjust your voice to match the track and that's when it's more correct, but then you hold the note too long or try to hit an octave higher (I think that's what you're trying to do o.O;;) causing it to become off again. Whatever, my head hurts now lmao...byee! good luck

Guest bboyrushfive

haha yeah i remember the physics class 2 years ago, GENE took it with me!! ;D fun stuff

but yeah, thanks for the help, im gonna try to get it down really good, it can add a lotta "flavor" to a song haha

• 3 weeks later...
Guest geneyoonit

dood

sorry for the late reply dood...

dood ur getting better and better @ singing.. seirously~~

soon u'll own @ noraebang.. dayam... i don want that to happen!!

anyway... when i comme back from korea, we'll collabing again mmk?? :D

and i'll teach u how to harmonize~ k? :D

Guest sarang-hyesung

it was really nice.

some parts seems flat, like no emotion.

but other than that i really like it. keep it up. ^^

i'm not much of a harmonizer myself. lol

Archived