Date of birth: December 1, 1981
Height 178 cm
Blood type: O
Hobbies: Playing computer games
Special talent: impersonating other singers
Education: Kyung-hee University, Post-modern Music major
For this week’s Soompi featured artist we have Park Hyo-shin. He is a singer who has a deep and appealing voice that attracts many people to his songs. Rather than banking on his fame, Park likes to let himself be known as a singer with real talent. Maybe that’s why his fan demographic ranges from teenagers to thirty-somethings. Park has been training himself hard to become a top singer ever since he was 16. He has stood out as a promising talent by winning top prizes in various song competitions.
In January of 2000, Park made his debut as a professional singer with “Things I Cannot Do For You”. Upon his debut, he gained attention and was praised by many people. From his debut album, “Things I Cannot Do For You” and “Fool” became hits instantly, marking him up as one of the most exciting musicians to step to the forefront of the industry in recent times. Later, Park Hyo-shin actively performed in various events like participating in the musical “Rock Hamlet”, a tribute album for Deulgukhwa, “That Only Is My World” and singing a duet with Lee Sora on her 4th album.
In January of 2001, Park released his second album “Second Story”, in which top songwriters like Yoon Sang, Kim Dong-ryul and Yoo Hee-yeol participated, eliciting great responses from music lovers. His unforgettable song “Snow Flower” from the drama “I’m Sorry I Love You” marked Park Hyo Shin’s popularity in the music industry. Since then, he has gained many fans and love from the music industry. In the last few years, he has been doing several remakes, compilation albums and also been featured in other artists songs.
This year, he released the sixth studio album titled ‘Gift : Part 1’. Fans have been anticipating to hear his husky voice once again after a long time. Park Hyo Shin, like many other recent artists, decided to release an album with two parts. For the first part, he worked with Korea’s best songwriters and composers including Kim Do Hoon, Cho Young Soo, Jeon Hae Sung, An Young Min, Kang Eun Kyung, Choi Gap Won and Hwang Se Jun.
The title track “After Love” has done very well in music charts.
The music video, which was filmed in Switzerland, is 13 minutes long and stars Park Yong and Park Shi Yeon. Park Hyo Shin also acted in this music video.
This year, Park also celebrated his 10 years anniversary in music industry and held a concert for two days on October 17 and 18. Local and international fans came to the concert to enjoy and celebrate his music.
Hopefully the second part of his album will continue to entertain fans.
* Park Hyo-shin (1st album, 2000): The Thing I Can’t Do For You, Fool, Try Hard, Love is Blind, Stalking, Pianist, Peter Pan, Inside Love
* Second Story (2nd album, 2001): Far Away, Yearning, Show Your Love, Go, Me Too, The Person I Love, Close My Eyes, Bad Boy, Love…That Common Word, Letter, Solace, A Sad Story, Please
* Time Honored Voice (3rd album, 2002): Butterfly Winter, A Good Person, You & Me, After That, Girl Of My Dreams, It’s Ok, It’s Gonna be rolling, A Wound Deeper Than Love, It Became Love, Feel…Me, Being Alive,
Purchase this album
* Park Hyo Shin Best Voice=2003-1999 (Greatest Hits, 2003): She’s Mine, It Became Love, Change, Buried Pain, A Good Person, Love…That Common Word, You & Me, More Than That, Butterfly Winter, Yearing, My Love, Please, Me Too, The Thing I Can’t Do For You, Fool…
* Soul Tree (4th album, 2004): Standing In That Place, Like Me, Hey U Come On, Believe In You, I Didn’t Know, As I Dream Of You, A Road I Cannot Find, Just Friends, I Can’t Send You Away, Always Like This…
* Neo Classicism (Remake album, 2005): Scattered Days, Love Love Love, To You, In No Time, To My Old Friends, Autumn Letter, Snow Flower
* Next destination New York (Live album, 2005): A Good Person, Just The Two Of Us, Butterfly Winter, Maria Maria, Me Too, You & Me, Stalking, Girl Of My Dreams, It’s Gonna Be Rolling, Show Your Love
* The Breeze Of Sea (5th album, 2007): The Breeze Of Sea (Intro), Memories Resemble Love, Echo, Etude (ft. Jin Bora), Lost, If I Were To Love Again, Let’s Hate, Like A Star (ft. Choi Ah-rom from the Bubble Sisters), Now & Forever, The Lullaby…
Purchase this album
* Gift : Part 1 (6th album, 2009) : Gift, After Love, Want You, It’s Strange, Nameless Bird, Deja-vu, etc.
Source from : KBS World + Daum/YahooKR/Melon + Youtube/Yesasia
Thanks to : edward11849