The athletic abilities of your favorite stars were put to the test on September 13 at the third run of MBC‘s hit sports show, “Idol Star Athletics Championships!”
The three-hour special was recorded on August 27, which saw a gathering of 10,000 fans of all different idol groups. The show was hosted by MC Kim Je Dong, comedian Boom, and Oh Sang Jin.
A star-studded line-up graced the screen, with a whopping 140 participating stars! Competing stars included Super Junior, SHINee, SISTAR, miss A, Davichi, ZE:A, T-ara, MBLAQ, INFINITE, G.NA, Rainbow, Jewelry, TEEN TOP, Dal Shabet, B1A4, A Pink, 5dolls, Hwanhee, 8Eight, Mighty Mouth, Min Kyung Hoon, Boyfriend, Brave Girls, X-Cross, Rania, Dalmatian, Sunny Hill, Nine Muses, Baek Chung Gang, David Oh, Kwon Ri Sae, and more!
Fans saw the addition of a new match, which was the male 200m walking relay. Although the girls managed to stay calm and compete fairly, the boys were all disqualified from the match for various reasons.
The idol group that gained the most success was ZE:A and their family groups Nine Muses and Jewelry, coming away with a total of four gold medals together.
- Male 100m = ZE:A’s Dongjun
- Female 100m = Nine Muses‘ Eunji
- Male 110m hurdle = ZE:A’s Dongjun
- Female 100m hurdle = miss A’s Jia
- Male 400m relay = Union Team
- Female 400m relay = SISTAR
- Male 200m walk relay = Every team disqualified
- Female 200m walk relay = SISTAR
- Male high jump = SHINee’s Minho and Mighty Mouth’s Sangchu
- Female high jump = miss A’s Fei
- Male long jump = ZE:A’s Minwoo
Check out the video of their performances below!