Soompiers in Australia! Mark you calendars! The 3rd Korean Film Festival in Australia (KOFFIA) is just around the corner! This year, the festival will screen twenty of the best and latest Korean feature films, as well as some classics!
KOFFIA will open in Sydney on August 22 with the Australian premiere of the highest grossing Korean film of 2011, Moon Chae Won’s “War of the Arrows,” and end a week later with the Australian premiere of Kang Sora’s “Sunny,” Afterwards, the festival will head down to Melbourne (September 8 to 12) and back up to Brisbane (September 27 to 30).
This year’s festival will also include the 1st KOFFIA Short Film Competition, where it will screen some of the best short films made by Korean and Australian film students. The screening and award ceremony will take place on August 25, 2012, during KOFFIA’s sun at the Dendy Opera Quays Cinema in Sydney.
Tickets will go on sale 3 weeks prior to the festival in each city. For more information, visit KOFFIA’s official website!
Organized by the Korean Cultural Office and supported by the Consulate-General of the Republic of Korea in Sydney, KOFFIA seeks to
– Generate an interest in Korean film within the local community
– Raise the understanding of the aesthetics of Korean films throughout the community
– Share the virtues of Korean Culture and Tradition
– Provide support and give opportunity to aspiring Korean filmmakers residing in Australia
– Develop relations with Australian artists
Movie Screenings at the 3rd KOFFIA
– War of the Arrows (2011)
– Sunny (2011)
– The Frontline (2011)
– Late Blossom (2011)
– The Tase of Money (2012)
– In Another Country (2012)
– The Day He Arrives (2011)
– Old Boy (2003)
– Christmas in August (1998)
– Spring Summer Autumn Winter … and Spring (2003)
– Leafie: A Hen into the Wild (2011)
– The King o f Pigs (2011)
– The Reason Why I Step (2011)
– The Client (2011)
– Bleak Night (2010)
– Silenced (2011)
– All About My Wife (2012)
– Speedy Scandal (2008)
– Detective K: Secret of the Virtuous Widow (2011)