All the important Korean Entertainment news from this week in one place: This is your Weekly Soompi Roundup!
- Simon D and Lady Jane reminds us how much we invest into celebrity relationships by breaking our hearts with their split. It’s time like these when Soompi could use a dislike button (because I would dislike that so hard)
- Won Bin puts everyone to shame with his “ugly” face and also proves that a lot of Soompiers get worked up about article titles without reading the article itself. (I even put quotation marks!)
- CL sparks a lively discussion on what it means to break the Asian woman stereotype. She also seems to be overly concerned with the grillz she wore for her music video.
- Jang Dong Geun and a handful of other celebrities lost their legal battle against a plastic surgeon who used their images for advertising his clinic. You win some, you lose some.
- With all the high pole dancing moves she does for “First Love,” Nana injures herself by falling off the stage. Luckily the injury wasn’t too severe, but After School will continue promoting without her. First Lizzy, now Nana, watch yourself girls!
- When dating rumors spread about Kim Sa Rang and Park Ji Sung, Kim Sa Rang’s people were quick to deny all while Park Ji Sung kept mum. Turns out, he’s actually dating announcer Kim Min Ji.
- Congratulations on comedian Jung Bum Kyun who will be getting married in Korean celebrities’ popular wedding style of choice: shotgun.
- Joo Won of AA (Double A) has left the group to pursue an acting career but still will be chummy with the group who will add two more members.
- Check your credit scores! U-KISS has their own credit card! If you’re going to spend all your money on K-Pop, at least make sure you have U-KISS looking back at you in approval as you do it.
- Song Joong Ki will not be leaving us for the army, not yet anyway. Phew.
Next…The music video of the week was all right.