It’s back! All the important Korean Entertainment news from this week in one place: This is your Weekly Soompi Roundup!
- Lee Hyori and Lee Sang Soon had a private ceremony for their wedding but was gracious enough to their fans to release photos. The vintage/hippie style wedding matches them perfectly.
- Singers Huh Gak and Jadu announced their engagements, but not to each other. Huh Gak will marry his long time friend and Jadu will marry a Korean-American pastor. Congratulations to them both!
- Idol Athletic Championships was filmed this week which means that soon we will be able to see the derpy running faces of our most handsome idols. That’s my favorite part anyway.
- The “Seoul International Drama Awards” aired this week and you can read about who said what during the awards and see exclusive pictures from the red carpet and the ceremony.
- Kang Sung Hoon‘s prison sentence has been reduced to probation. What is happening to our first generation idols?
- Super Junior‘s Heechul is back and the first thing he said was that he wanted to get go on “We Got Married” with his hoobae Xiumin from EXO. Is this some kind of weird way of subtly coming out of the closet? Or maybe Heechul is that obsessed with Sohee. Either way, he got a lot of people talking about that declaration. What do you think, WGM producers? Sounds like ratings gold to me.
- Writer Lordbordem tackles the mystery of why cosmetic companies make their idol models look so weird sometimes.
Next…the music video of the week is a little…crooked.