All the important Korean Entertainment news from this week in one place: This is your Weekly Soompi Roundup!
This week in celebrity news…
- Cute couple alert! Moon Geun Young and Kim Bum are dating! They’re not shy about it! They wore matching green jackets!
- Tony Ahn and Girls’ Day’s Hyeri have officially ended their huge-age-gap relationship.
- There’s a price that comes with fame. Now that his popularity has sky rocketed with his role in “Reply 1994,” Jung Woo had to deal with dating rumors about him, Kim Yoo Mi, and Kim Jin, and it’s not looking pretty. It’s even made him sick.
- Not all idols are forgoing their education. A Pink’s Son Na Eun, B1A4’s Sandeul, Rainbow’s Oh Seung Ah, and VIXX’s Hyuk received early admission acceptances from universities.
- Find out which idols took the dreaded suneung test! And I thought the SATs were bad…
- There must be something in the water! Former Jewelry member Lee Ji Hyun gave birth to a baby girl, and Go So Young and Kim Jung Hwa announced that they have become expecting mothers.
- Mate’s Jung Joon Il is the last celebrity solider to be discharged. Let’s put that in the past and eagerly anticipate Mate’s comeback!
- Congratulations to Hwang Young Jin on his marriage to his younger bride.
- Don’t follow his example kids, rapper Joo Suk was booked for a DUI. Korea has a great public transportation system, and cabs everywhere. That did not need to happen.
- Super Junior has been invited to speak at Oxford University. Maybe they’ll come back with hoity toity English accents?
- There are a lot of things I could say about the Jang Geun Suk and Kris’s scandal with the Chinese actress. I don’t know if I could say them without being dismissive of certain fandoms but this article proved to me that people get upset by just reading the title.
- Soompi live chat will begin in a few hours! Noona will be there so make sure you say hi!
The fashion pictorial of the week goes to Jung Woo for definitely not looking like “Trash.” Plus, I’m one of the few people who knew of him before he became famous and I am so proud of him!
Next…sometimes we need some healing.