All the important Korean Entertainment news from this week in one place: This is your Weekly Soompi Roundup!
This week in Korean entertainment news…
- Busker Busker’s lead man Jang Beom Jun will be marrying actress Song Ji Soo. Song Ji Soo is twenty years old and will be having his child.
- Jonghyun, and one of the idol masters of SNS, changed his profile picture in support of a Korean transgender student. He said he had no interest in politices, but I’m glad he feels strongly about important matters other than K-pop!
- DMTN‘s Choi Daniel made a tearful statement for his first court appearance for his appeals. The poor kid, I hope he gets his sentence lessened!
- Wonbin and Lee Na Young went on a public date for the first time at a wedding. I can’t trust myself to say anything more because I have been, am, and will always be Wonbin biased.
- While most male celebrities are trying to find ways to avoid the military service, Taecyeon went out of his way to make sure he got in.
- Accusing someone of being a prostitute is pretty bad. After a few female celebrities declared that they will be suing the rumor starters, the prosecution came out and revealed that the people actually involved in the prostitution cases are not celebrities, but actual prostitutes.
- Feel better, Hongki. The singer slipped on ice and will need more than a month to recover.
- Former T-ara member Hwayoung will sign on to an acting agency. After what happened, she’s probably not interested in joining another girl group.
- Han Ye Seul has signed on with a new agency, SB Entertainment.
- If you ever get mad at your family, just be thankful that you’re not suing one another like Jang Yoon Jung and her mother. Geesh.
- Congratulations to B.A.P. The group took home three awards at Europe’s “So Loved Awards.”
- Yoo Jae Suk has been voted the best comedian of 2013 and it looks like most Soompiers agree.
- Rolling Stones chose T.O.P. as one of the sexiest icons of 2013. Which is a really impressive feat considering no one, not even his mother, has ever seen him without a shirt.
- Soompi and Line has partnered up! Are you friend with Soompi on the Line app yet? Go for it!
Next…I am a true believer in bromance.