A man says that his Samsung phone saved his life when he was under gunfire in the terrorist attacks that ravaged Paris on the night of November 13, local time.
Just moments after the attack, French media station iTele approached the man, identified only as Sylvestre. The man was shot while attending a soccer match at the Stade de France when the first bombs went off. In the report, the man says that he was shot in the foot and grazed in the side by a bullet, and the holes and bloodstain on his shirt can be seen.
“This is the cell phone that saved me,” he told the reporter, showing his broken cell phone. The phone was in his jacket pocket when he took fire, deflecting the bullet and ultimately saving him from a life-threatening injury.
According to the most recent reports, more than 150 people have died so far in Paris, and the militant extremist group IS is believed to be responsible for the terror attacks. Countless Korean celebrities have taken to social media in support of Paris.
We offer our condolences to everyone affected by the attacks, and sincerely hope that everyone remains safe.