2016 wasn’t exactly a good year for many reasons, but there was still a lot of love going around in K-entertainment. Let’s take a look at the different types of celebrity couples announced in 2016 that made us cheer, made us cry, and made us all a bit of a romantic.
1. The couples who had been dating for a while before the news broke this year
2. The couples that just got started
3. The couples that broke up this year
It was revealed in July that long-time couple – T-ara’s Soyeon and Oh Jong Hyuk – broke up after six years together. A couple of months later, Soyeon was reported to be in a relationship with Japanese athlete Shota Tezuka.
4. The couples that surprised the public with marriage reports first, skipping the dating news
5. The couples that tied the knot
6. The couples…well, just the lovely couples
FTISLAND’s Lee Hong Ki and Han Bo Reum have been close friends and became closer through their passion for bowling.
7. The couples who went from long-time friends/colleagues to lovers
miss A’s Min and G.Soul knew each other even before their respective debuts, and they became closer since they both experienced hardships going back and forth from Korea to the United States.
8. The couples that met on set
Kim Gook Jin and Kang Soo Ji fell in love while filming the variety show “Burning Youth.”
Which was the Couple of the Year for you?