There have been rumours that none of the “Big 3” entertainment companies will be joining the second season of Mnet’s “Produce 101,” but Mnet has clarified that this is not the case.
On January 17, a source told reporters, “We are still in the midst of talks with various entertainment agencies, including the big companies.”
Earlier on the same day, there had been media reports that the show’s production team was facing difficulties with casting because JYP, SM, and YG Entertainment would not be participating in the second season. It was also reported that other big entertainment companies like Cube, Big Hit, and Woollim would not be sending any of their trainees to the show as well.
In response to the reports, a related source said, “We will confirm 101 names after meeting with the participants,” and, “Regarding absence [of the entertainment companies], nothing has been confirmed yet, so it was a shame to hear about the reports.”