You know that feeling when a character in a K-drama says a line that’s so epic that it touches your soul deep within and you know you’ll never forget it? It’s happened to the best of us. There is obviously an endless number of K-dramas lines that are memorable and have been etched in our hearts, but here’s a look at just 15 of those unforgettable lines (in no particular order).
Warning: spoilers below.
1. “I like you. Whether you’re a man or an alien, I don’t care anymore.”
– Choi Han Kyul in “Coffee Prince”
Catch this moment by watching “Coffee Prince” below!
2. “You’re my person. You belong to me.”
– Wang So (Lee Joon Gi) in “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo”
Are you re-living the pain and anguish that was this drama? Same.
Watch the trailer for “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” below:
3. “You need to hurry and end that one-sided love.”
– Ahn Min Hyuk in “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon”
When Ahn Min Hyuk (Park Hyung Sik) made his love for Do Bong Soon (Park Bo Young) known, he made sure to to let her know that she should get over her crush so that he can hurry up and love her. This line could melt the coldest of hearts.
Catch the first episode of “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” below:
4. “The bad thing was not the traffic light, not the timing. It was my countless hesitations.”
– Jung Hwan in “Reply 1988”
I hate to bring this up again because it pains me to do so, but we can’t forget about Jung Hwan (Ryu Jun Yeol) and his painstaking realization that he missed his chance with Deok Sun (Hyeri). On the bright side, the two actors recently confirmed their dating relationship!
Catch the first episode of “Reply 1988” below!
5. “I’m going to try it once. That wicked love.”
– Lee Young in “Moonlight Drawn by Clouds”
When the Prince (Park Bo Gum) realizes that he desperately wants to be with Hong Ra On (Kim Yoo Jung), he confesses to her despite knowing it’s not allowed. That heart-stopping confession followed by that kiss is one that is definitely memorable.
Catch the first episode of “Moonlight Drawn by Clouds” below:
6. “Do you like Messi?”
– Kim Bok Joo in “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo”
This line was even trending on Twitter at one point. The adorable Kim Bok Joo (Lee Sung Kyung) uses this line to try and flirt her way into the heart of her big crush. Afterall, ever guy loves soccer, right?
Catch this line in “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” below:
7. “Dog furrrrrrr!”
– Baek In Ho in “Cheese in the Trap”
Catch the first episode of “Cheese in the Trap” below!
8. “Should I apologize… or should I confess to you?”
– Yoo Shi Jin in “Descendants of the Sun”
Catch the first episode of “Descendants of the Sun” below!
9. “A girl who moves like a flower petal, is pulling me towards her with more force than her mass.”
– Kim Shin in “Goblin”
Let’s face it, there are about a hundred lines in this K-drama that are memorable or have touched us in different ways. This epic one in particularly was when Kim Shin (Gong Yoo) realized what true love was.
Catch the first episode of Goblin below!
10. “If you’re handsome, you’re my oppa.”
– An Yo Na in “Kill Me Heal Me”
Pretty much everything An Yo Na (Ji Sung) said was memorable, not to mention hilarious. What sass!
Catch An Yo Na in “Kill Me Heal Me” below!
11. “Since what age were you so pretty?”
– Kim Joo Won in “Secret Garden”
Catch the first episode of “Secret Garden” below!
12. “One, two, three. In 3 seconds, I fell in love.”
– Seo In Ha in “Love Rain”
This heart-stopping line was said by Jang Geun Suk‘s 1970s character, Seo In Ha.
Catch the first episode of “Love Rain” below!
13. “Am I trembling?”
– Park Tae Soo in “Sandglass”
When Park Tae Soo (Choi Min Soo) is waiting to be put to death, his best friend, Kang Woo Seok (Park Sang Won), is by his side. Woo Seok leans into his best friend and it’s at that moment where Tae Soo whispers this classic line that people who watched this drama will never forget.
Catch the trailer for “Sandglass” below!
14. “Love comes back.”
– Cha Song Joo in “Stairway to Heaven”
Catch the trailer for “Stairway to Heaven” below!
15. “How much do you want? How much will it cost?”
– Han Tae Suk in “Autumn in My Heart”
If just seeing Won Bin wasn’t enough to make you swoon, his many romantic lines from this drama will definitely send you over the top. This particular scene where he said this line was one of most popular moments in the series!
Catch the trailer for “Autumn in My Heart” below!
Hey Soompiers, what are your favorite K-drama lines? Let us know in the comments below!
binahearts is a Soompi writer who can be most often seen singing her heart out at karaoke, walking her dog, or indulging in dessert. Her current obsessions include Song Joong Ki, BIGBANG and BTOB. Make sure you follow binahearts on Instagram as she journeys through her latest Korean crazes!