Initially, “Age of Youth 2” stated that nothing had been confirmed regarding his leave from the show as of yet; however, on August 16, SM Entertainment released a statement and said, “[Onew’s] departure from the show has been confirmed after discussions with the production staff of ‘Age of Youth 2.'”
“Age of Youth 2” also released a statement after the decision was made and said, “Onew will be leaving the project; however, we have not made any decisions about a replacement or what will happen henceforth. We will release a statement once we have come to a decision about a replacement.”
On August 12, Onew was brought in for questioning after being accused of sexual harassment at a club in Gangnam. The case has since been forwarded to the prosecution.
Meanwhile, “Age of Youth 2” is set to begin airing on August 25.