Whether or not you’re an EXO fan, you’ve probably heard their summer hit “Ko Ko Bop” at some point in the past month. What you may not have known is that EXO-Ls have taken their excitement for this comeback to a whole new level by dedicating a style of (koko)language to it!
I don’t know about y’all, but I have some kokofeelings about this.
What do I mean by “kokolanguage”? If you haven’t heard of it, just check out these tweets for a crash course in kokolanguage:
1. First, it’s worth noting that this is not the first EXO language.
After years of chogiwa chogicool chogicry chogibye finally exo-ls learned new language.
— Nindya (@nindyak) July 18, 2017
If you’re wondering what this Twitter user means, the answer lies in the first 20-ish seconds of EXO’s “Wolf” MV:
2. You can probably already see how this language works, right? But if not…
— hannah ;#KoKoBop (@mydearpcy) July 17, 2017
This fan says they need to kokoknow, but they seem to have kokogot it, no?
3. Honestly, EXO-Ls were pretty kokoquick to catch on to the kokolanguage.
— aaanggiieee (@aaangie14) July 27, 2017
4. Some fans were using it for theories on why the YouTube music video views weren’t increasing:
— YXRA (@_yxra) July 18, 2017
5. Other fans used it to kokosquee about their bias:
MY KOKOHEART CANT HANDLE THE KOKOEXCITEMENT ANYMORE. MY BIAS KOKOSEHUN HAS BEEN SHOWING UP ON THE PREVIUS KOKOTEASERS. TIME TO SHINE KOKOHUN
— HIATUS//EXO❤️ (@afireselu) July 12, 2017
6. While others just had a lot of kokofeelings for EXO as a group:
I'M KOKOCRYING, I'M KOKOSHOOK BY THE KINGS OF TROPICAL CONCEPTS I'M KOKOPROUD OF MY BABIES pic.twitter.com/zSYrPz3DBL
— ღ (@exonclzen) July 18, 2017
7. Including some kokotears:
— Director Kim (@chanfinityy) July 17, 2017
8. Still others were spreading the kokolove to their families:
so a while ago my sister sang down down baby, and just now my mother sang down down baby im shookt every one in the house is kokoshook
— xiu ❤❤❤ (@arjhaycy) July 18, 2017
9. Some were even prepared to show their kokoskills on the first day of school:
Prof: Can you speak foreign language?
Me: Yes I can
Prof: Oh really? What language?
Me: EXO's kokolanguage. Kokostream kokobop at kokomelon
— Eri ? (@monsieurohsehun) August 3, 2017
10. And hey, don’t forget — there’s still a repackaged album coming to continue the kokofun!
I FORGOT ABOUT THE REPACKAGED ALBUM AND NOW IM REALIZING IM NIT DONE BEING KOKOSHOOK https://t.co/m3Rx1rO17h
— Kiyoshi (@whatupkrease) July 19, 2017
EXO-Ls, keep up the kokogood work!
Meanwhile, watch EXO’s “Ko Ko Bop” below:
Soompiers, do your fandoms have their own languages? Teach us in the comments below!