10 Quotes From “Fight My Way” That Really Hit Home
Though KBS’s “Fight My Way” is now over, its very real portrayal of very real issues faced by so many around the world remains with us, along with some lines from the main characters that made us feel a little less alone in the world.
Here are just a few:
1. I may live embarrassingly every day, but you shouldn’t! Don’t look down on yourself!
Episode 2, Go Dong Man
2. Hey, Go Dong Man. You’re a nut job, but you’re not a loser. You’re going to succeed. I know it. Do other people know you? I’ve known you for 20 years. There’s no one in this world who knows you better than I do. So believe me. No matter what anyone says, you’re going to succeed.
Episode 2, Choi Ae Ra
3. Let’s just say I don’t. It’s better to live as if you don’t have a dream. If you do have a dream, you feel sorry for yourself. Must everyone have a dream, anyway? Even if I don’t have a dream, the world goes ’round just fine.
Episode 3, Go Dong Man when Choi Ae Ra asks if he has a dream.
4. When you want to cry, pretending that you are okay is not cool. When you want to cry, just crying is the cool thing to do.
Episode 3, Go Dong Man after Choi Ae Ra gets turned down for a job offer.
5. I earned money.
Episode 8, Choi Ae Ra during an interview when asked what she was doing when everyone else was getting experience.
6. Even though we woke up earlier than others, even though we went to bed later than others, we never had time. We lived harder than anyone, but because a resumé that doesn’t know anything seems to pretend to know all of me, I’m angry, I’m frustrated.
Episode 8, Choi Ae Ra
7. It’s not “Youth is for being in pain,” it’s “Youth is for making trouble.”
Episode 9, Choi Ae Ra
8. Don’t [give me advice]. I’m not going to pass the interview anyway, right? So please don’t hurt me. I have the right to not be hurt. I’ll be the one that decides my limits and capabilities.
Episode 9, when Choi Ae Ra’s interviewer tries to give her life advice.
9. Being a good mom, being a good wife is my dream. Does wanting to be a mom not count as a dream? Does everybody in the world have to self-improve? You guys are all capable and do well for yourselves. Can’t I just live for my family? It’s nothing worse than you guys.
Episode 12, Baek Seol Hee
10. Isn’t where you are right now the major leagues for you? What I’m saying is, isn’t where you’re happy the majors for you? Just go with the thing that makes your heart beat faster.
Episode 14, Go Dong Man
“Fight My Way” airs every Monday and Tuesday. Watch the latest episode at Viki!