The Rabbit Hole That Is Stan Twitter: Funny Tweets That Are The K-Pop Fandom In A Nutshell
Ah, stan Twitter; where would K-pop be without it? If this wonderful mess of a website we call Twitter didn’t exist, then where would we find our best memes and bear witness to petty drama?! The internet has such a powerful impact on our lives overall, and the K-pop fandom is not at all exempt from its influence.
An amalgamation of online culture, K-pop Twitter is home to many little nuggets of humor which poke fun at the fandom as a whole. In order to best encapsulate life as a K-pop stan into a single article, I have compiled 21 of these funny Tweets for your viewing pleasure. Sit back, relax, and prepare to be somewhat offended.
1. When the irony was too strong
reverse kpop industry au where idols get mad at their fans for dating someone while stanning them
— 스피그 ? (@yixiungs) August 3, 2018
2. When the person you thought was The One is just a catfish using BTS selfies
my friend always asks me “real or kpop” whenever he sees cute guys on tinder/grindr and 99% of the time it’s just bangtan pic.twitter.com/LYh7nX7Ttv
— may ? (@joondubu) August 28, 2018
3. When someone easily misunderstood very simple information
i really do treasure social media pic.twitter.com/aFv2dALwKv
— Iaika (@momosmisana) July 20, 2018
4. When a person took something as simple as video editing way too seriously
only in kpop you’d find people comparing video editing to neil armstrong landing on the moon https://t.co/kMfutddGdG
— ㅗ (@lisaints) November 6, 2018
5. When literally any change in behavior constitutes as duality
kpop stans: THE DUALITY!?!???!???? ¿!
— ALEX LOVING WEEK ✨✨✨ (@sevngcheoIs) June 26, 2018
6. When Serena Williams joined LOONA
why does she look like she’s about to go perform hi high on inkigayo https://t.co/bR7mAakT17
— regan (@gothwon) September 27, 2018
7. When this clip of G-Dragon was a total mood
me coming back to twitter after studying for 3 minuets pic.twitter.com/Rty9AznfmJ
— oma (@heIloangeI) September 24, 2018
8. When a non-fan with an eerily relevant username unintentionally found out about K-pop dating drama
Having this Twitter name means I learn an awful lot about the K-Pop industry.
A lot of angry people today want to tell me all about it for some reason.
— Jamie Holding (@cube) September 13, 2018
9. When fans guessed what goes down behind the scenes
rosie: bring me my coffee
selena: im selena gomez
rosie: ok selena gomez bring my coffee https://t.co/lJWT1UhPNQ
— pau (@jenniesoIoist) September 11, 2018
10. When “To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before” became much more relatable
To All The Boys I’ve Stanned Before
— Abby (@abitkwonfused) August 20, 2018
11. When this low-budget “DDU-DU DDU-DU” parody left us all wigless
WHY IS SO GOOD…. THE CINEMATOGRAPHY I’M GOING INSANE pic.twitter.com/daaQWmbZzT
— 〄 (@skinnyhyung) August 19, 2018
12. When things got too real
Me during sex: hurt me
Him: band members don’t actually like you
Him: it’s their job to make you feel special because you spend money on them, they don’t actually care about you as a person
— Jay ? (@JayyKess) August 20, 2018
13. When this person was everything we could ever want to be
— frey (@meiqiT_T) June 30, 2018
14. When a K-pop light stick happened to save a life
Reasons why you should buy a light stick:
One time my whole apartment had a power outage and the only source of light I had was my BAP light stick
— 22/7 Sally Amaki(Gintoki Enthusiast) (@sally_amaki) June 3, 2018
15. When someone said something so controversial, yet so brave
kpop stans: y’all see those GUNS!?
kpop idol: pic.twitter.com/hzpTpxFR5U
— LIL U4RIA (@fka_zigs) May 14, 2018
16. When the person you love most makes you cringe
do y’all feel the secondhand embarrassment when your idol does something really stupid but then you’re like “that’s my loser right there”
— ╭♡ ????ˎˊ˗ (@cubeqidle) May 13, 2018
17. When the aesthetic is too good and you just can’t compete
such a different culture pic.twitter.com/XBKuOSA2vK
— 파이 (@markcarony) June 12, 2018
18. When someone gave good advice for the future
Dude if I have the money I’d hire one of those Kpop fansites to be my wedding photographer.
— tal. || MOVING✈️NEW ACC (@octobresix) May 21, 2018
19. When non-K-pop stans thought they were original
western stans act like they just came up with this concept but it’s just a tom holland selca day https://t.co/mZzVUsBB2D
— eden (@evilusts) May 27, 2018
20. When someone said something so controversial, yet so brave pt. 2
— rachel (@wonwushu) April 30, 2018
21. When a deep moment was yet again ruined
If Sungjin gets roasted is it a Bob-E-Q
— H o w d y ? ✨ (@FixDay6) March 5, 2018
Which one of these Tweets made you chuckle the most? Do you have a favorite Tweet that you’d add to the list? If so, be sure to let us know in the comments!
jadicus35 is a ordinary college student by day, and a not-so-closet fangirl by night. She spends most of her time on Tumblr when she’s not (but really should be) studying and/or pretending to be a functional human being.