Soompi Is Hiring: Editorial Intern
Soompi is seeking a focused and ambitious editorial intern to join our editorial team in Seoul, South Korea.
The editorial intern will work closely with writers and senior editors from around the world to produce engaging, insightful, and fun digital content. Candidates must be passionate about producing content that can reach a mass audience and connect people with each other and with Korean entertainment and culture. Our editors are fully involved in all stages of the editorial process.
The editorial intern must be knowledgeable about Korean entertainment and culture. She or he should also have knowledge of the various global communities and media coverage currently evolving around Korea’s creative and cultural content.
As an editorial intern, you will be working with the full-time staff at the Soompi station near Sinsa Station. The position is paid, with the 4 major Korean insurances provided. The contract term is 6 months with the position beginning ASAP.
● Writing posts on the site each day
● Track and research trends and stories related to Korean entertainment and culture
● Provide feedback and editorial support to other writers on the team
● Brainstorm with Soompi editors and the Viki team to continuously improve content and build community
● Assist in off-site event and press conference coverage for K-drama and K-pop related content
● Fluent enough in Korean to be able to read and translate written material (TOPIK Level 5 or higher)
● Have strong command of English grammar
● Strong writing skills with an energetic, positive written voice
● Have good knowledge of the Korean entertainment industry
● Must be organized, pro-active, and dedicated
● Have experience in photography, videography, Photoshop, and social media networking.
How to apply:
Send a resume, cover letter (please note what type of visa you have if you are a Korean citizen), one writing sample, and a translation of this article here, and a couple of original topics you would like to write about email@example.com with [Editorial Intern Application] in the subject field.
We will take applications as they arrive.
You must be able to work legally in Korea, meaning that you will be a South Korean citizen or possess a proper visa. F-4 (for people of Korean heritage) and H-1 (for people from Australia, France, Canada, Japan, and New Zealand, United States) will suffice, and other visas may be an option. We can not sponsor visas. For more information, go here.
For more information about job opportunities at Soompi, click here.