Watch: Lee Joon Gi And Moon Chae Won Talk About Portraying Married Couple And Reuniting For New Drama

Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won showed off their chemistry in an interview for their upcoming tvN drama “Flower of Evil”!

“Flower of Evil” will tell the story of Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joon Gi), a man who hides his past and pretends to love his wife Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won). As a detective, Cha Ji Won begins to grow suspicious of him, and they find themselves standing in front of a truth they don’t wish to face.

In the clip, Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won take turns asking each other questions about their new drama. When Moon Chae Won asks Lee Joon Gi to describe “Flower of Evil,” he says, “Baek Hee Sung, who has been hiding his cruel past, is exposed by his detective wife Cha Ji Won.”

Lee Joon Gi continues, “The drama will tell entertaining stories about protecting love and hiding the truth.” Moon Chae Won then comments on Lee Joon Gi’s eloquent response, saying, “It looks like you’ve practiced.”

Lee Joon Gi also reveals why he chose to join the drama. He says, “It’s a suspense thriller, and it feels like watching a kind of puzzle.”

Next, Lee Joon Gi describes Baek Hee Sung as a character of two extremes—he can be a caring father and also a cold-hearted character. Moon Chae Won asks Lee Joon Gi how similar he is to his character, and Lee Joon Gi wants to know what she thinks. Moon Chae Won answers, “I want to say 100 percent, but I’ll go with 97 percent.” Lee Joon Gi agrees with her statement and asks viewers to look forward to what the remaining 3 percent could be.

Then, Moon Chae Won answers questions from Lee Joon Gi. When asked about her character, Moon Chae Won describes Cha Ji Won as a highly determined mother with not-so-great housekeeping skills. Instead, Moon Chae Won reveals that Cha Ji Won is a lot better at being a detective than a mom.

Lee Joon Gi asks how Moon Chae Won felt after reading the script for the first time. Moon Chae Won shares, “It had the same appeal as why girls fall for bad guys. The script had that sort of bad vibe.” Lee Joon Gi remarks, “When I first saw the script, I was thinking that Cha Ji Won will have to go through a lot.” Moon Chae Won smiles and agrees, “That’s why I’m currently struggling,” and makes Lee Joon Gi laugh.

Moon Chae Won then summarizes the drama’s most heartbreaking aspect in one sentence. She says, “And yet, Baek Hee Sung and Cha Ji Won have a child between them,” previewing the important role that the characters’ daughter Baek Eun Ha (Jung Seo Yeon) will play.

Later, Lee Joon Gi asks Cha Ji Won how she feels working with him again since their roles in the 2017 drama “Criminal Minds.” Cha Ji Won says, “In ‘Criminal Minds,’ we were working as a part of the same team, but now we are a newlywed couple with a daughter.” Lee Joon Gi replies, “We moved fast,” and Moon Chae Won says, “Yes, we skipped a lot of steps. So it’s good.”

Lastly, the two actors play a game where they guess the object in the box just by touching it. Moon Chae Won surprises Lee Joon Gi by figuring out the objects easily, while Lee Joon Gi struggles to guess that he is touching a horse mask. The two then preview relevant objects from their drama, touching a pair of handcuffs and a watch.

Watch Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won below!

“Flower of Evil” premieres on July 22 at 10:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki. Watch the latest teaser here!

Source (1)

How does this article make you feel?


Please login to Soompi to join the conversation!

Similar Articles