BTS’s “Map Of The Soul: 7” Scores No. 1 On Mid-2020 List Of Top Physical Album Sales In United States; NCT 127’s “Neo Zone” Takes No. 4

BTS’s “Map of the Soul: 7” is the highest-selling physical album in the United States in 2020 so far, while NCT 127 grabs the No. 4 spot with “Neo Zone”!

On July 9, Nielsen Music released its Mid-Year Report for 2020, based on the tracking period of January 3 to July 2.

BTS grabs No. 2 on the list of the Top 5 Genre Artists in the Pop category. This ranking is based on album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA), and on-demand audio streaming equivalent albums (SEA).

Top 5 Pop Genre Artists

1. Billie Eilish – 1.676 million album sales, TEA, and on-demand SEA
2. BTS – 1.417 million
3. Taylor Swift – 1.328 million
4. Justin Bieber – 1.129 million
5. Halsey – 1.009 million

BTS’s “Map of the Soul: 7” comes in ninth on the rankings of Top 10 Albums, which is based on album sales, song sales, on-demand audio streams, and on-demand video streams.

Top 10 Albums (Overall Equivalent Album Units)

1. Lil Baby’s “My Turn” – 1.467 million total album-equivalent consumption
2. The Weeknd’s “After Hours” – 1.423 million
3. Lil Uzi Vert’s “Eternal Awake” – 1.374 million
4. Roddy Ricch’s “Please Excuse Me for Being Antisocial” – 1.352 million
5. Post Malone’s “Hollywood’s Bleeding” – 1.140 million
6. Bad Bunny’s “YHLQMDLG” – 927,000
7. Eminem’s “Music to Be Murdered By” – 855,000
8. Justin Bieber’s “Changes” – 854,000
9. BTS’s “Map of the Soul: 7” – 842,000
10. Billie Eilish’s “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?” – 798,000

“Map of the Soul: 7” is the album with the most sales in the United States in the first half of 2020, with 552,000 copies sold across all formats. This chart is based on physical sales and digital album downloads and not overall equivalent album units (which in addition to album sales, also includes album equivalent songs from downloads and song streaming volume).

Billboard reports that 96 percent of the sales of “Map of the Soul: 7” is from physical CDs (528,000 copies), while the remaining 4 percent is from digital album sales.

NCT 127’s “Neo Zone” grabs No. 8 in total sales (196,000 copies of physical and digital albums) and No. 4 in physical albums alone (170,000 copies).

Top 10 Albums (Total Sales)

1. BTS’s “Map of the Soul: 7” – 552,000
2. The Weeknd’s “After Hours” – 407,000
3. Halsey’s “Manic” – 266,000
4. Lady Gaga’s “Chromatica” – 264,000
5. Kenny Chesney’s “Here and Now” – 249,000
6. Eminem’ “Music to Be Murdered By” – 226,000
7. Billie Eilish’s “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?” – 198,000
8. NCT 127’s “Neo Zone” – 196,000
9. Justin Bieber’s “Changes” – 187,000
10. Harry Styles’s “Fine Line” – 166,000

Top 10 Physical Albums

1. BTS’s “Map of the Soul: 7” – 528,000
2. Kenny Chesney’s “Here and Now” – 219,000
3. Halsey’s “Manic” – 174,000
4. NCT 127’s “Neo Zone” – 170,000
5. Billie Eilish’s “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?” – 143,000
6. Justin Bieber’s “Changes” – 140,000
7. The Weeknd’s “After Hours” – 134,000
8. James Taylor’s “American Standard” – 129,000
9. Harry Styles’s “Fine Line” – 128,000
10. Lady Gaga’s “Chromatica” – 117,000

Billboard reports that BTS is also the top selling artist in the United States this year so far when it comes to the overall album sales (physical CDs and digital album downloads) of their entire catalog, as they’ve sold 757,000 copies of their albums in the first half of 2020. 720,000 of those sales were physical albums.

Congratulations to BTS and NCT 127!

Source (1) (2)


Recommended Watch:

How does this article make you feel?
0
0
0
0
0