Mnet’s “Kingdom: Legendary War” has crowned its final king!

On June 3, the idol competition show aired its highly-anticipated live finale, in which ATEEZ, Stray Kids, THE BOYZ, SF9, iKON, and BTOB went head-to-head with epic performances of their newly released songs.

The winner of “Kingdom” was determined using a combination of the following factors: the groups’ cumulative scores from the previous three rounds of competition, the results of the live voting during the program’s final episode, and the digital performance of the groups’ new tracks.

On May 28 at 12 p.m. KST, each of the six competing groups released a brand-new song, and the number of streams and downloads achieved by each track for the next four days counted towards the artist’s digital score. (“Kingdom” used Gaon Chart and Apple Music to calculate each song’s domestic and global score respectively.)

The final round of competition was worth a combined total of 50,000 points, 40 percent of which was determined by the digital performance of those six new songs. The remaining 60 percent was determined entirely by the votes cast during the live finale.

The rankings based solely on the groups’ digital scores (not the combined overall rankings) were as follows: THE BOYZ came in first place, Stray Kids in second, BTOB in third, ATEEZ in fourth, iKON in fifth, and SF9 in sixth.

As fans cast their votes in real time, each of the six groups then took to the stage to perform their new song live. Check out their performances below!

ATEEZ – “The Real”

Stray Kids – “WOLFGANG”

THE BOYZ – “Kingdom Come”

BTOB – “Show and Prove”

iKON – “At Ease”

SF9 – “Believer”

The six groups also came together for a special collaboration track: ATEEZ’s Jongho, THE BOYZ’s Hyunjae, BTOB’s Eunkwang, iKON’s Donghyuk, SF9’s Inseong, and Stray Kids’ Seungmin teamed up to perform the new song “A Boy’s Diary.”


After all the live votes had been tallied, host TVXQ’s Changmin announced the final winner of “Kingdom”: Stray Kids.

The final rankings for the entire show are as follows:

  1. Stray Kids
  3. ATEEZ
  4. BTOB
  5. iKON
  6. SF9

Congratulations to Stray Kids!

The final episode of “Kingdom: Legendary War” will soon be available with subtitles below:

Watch Now

How does this article make you feel?


Please login to Soompi to join the conversation!

Similar Articles