Artist of the Week – Park Jin Young
Date of birth : 13th January 1972
Education : B.A. in Geology, Yonsei University
Debut song : Please Don’t Leave Me (1994)
Physique : 185cm, 78kg
Place of birth : Seoul
Blood type : AB
Hobbies : Baduk, basketball, skiing
Talents : Piano, song writing
For this week, Soompi featured Park Jin-young. Known as “The Asian Soul”, he has launched the careers of many big names in K-Pop. He is undoubtedly one of Korea’s best pop musicians who has been showing talents in singing, dancing, song-writing and even album producing. He made his debut in the local pop music world with the album “Blue City” in 1994. The title song of the album “Please Don’t Leave Me” was a sensation especially for the dances Park showed on stage when performing the song.
One year later, he released his second album that proved his talents as not only a singer but also a lyricist, composer and even producer. In 1997, Park Jin-young released his third album entitled “Summer Jingle Bell” in which the song “She Was Pretty” became a great hit. From the 4th album, Park Jin-young began to introduce orthodox beats of music that consist of repetition of rhythms without turn or conclusion.
Through the soulful melodies and rhythms, Park Jin-young began in earnest to develop unique color of his own music. Alongside performing as a singer himself, Park is also actively working as the album producer for many young talents. By establishing JYP Entertainment in 1999, Park has been steadily producing great stars in the K-Pop scene starting with Jinjoo, G.O.D., Park Ji-yoon, Byul, and one of the best, Rain.
Having produced some of the most successful k-pop artists this decade (2PM, Wonder Girls, 2AM, Rain, G.O.D, etc.), Park Jin Young is taking his turn as a singer and returns to the top 10 with the title song “No Love No More” from his latest mini-album “Sad Freedom”. Many of the younger fans may not recall Park Jin Young as a singer and dancer, but he has many hit songs in the past. He showcases his singing and dancing steps on this funky song. After watching his performances, fans will understand why he has so many bright pupils.
* Blue City (1st album, 1994) : Please Don’t Leave Me, I Want to Ask You, My Girl, In Pain, Behind You, One Year of Love, Are You Still Waiting, Because of Love
* Tantara (2nd album, 1995) : I…, Before I Send You, Will You Marry Me, Elevator, Forever You & I
* Summer Jingle Bell (3rd album, 1997) : Summer Jingle Bell, She Was Pretty, Just As you Are
* Even After 10 Years (4th album, 1998) : Honey, A Thousand Years of Love, Graduation, Even After 10 Years, Every Night
* Kiss Me (5th album, 1998) : Why, Kiss Me, Talk to Me
* Game (6th album, 2001) : Swing Baby, I Have a Woman, Jail Without Bars, The Last Night
Purchase this album
* Back To Stage (7th album, 2007)
Purchase this album
* Sad Freedom (EP, 2009)
MEET OTHER FANS
[Soompi Official Thread]
Source from : KBS World + Melon/YahooKR + YesAsia/Youtube
Thanks to : edward1849