Weekly Box Office Report: Fourth Week of July
1. The Front Line: Revenue) $4.2 Million, Total Viewers: 825,034
2. Quick: Revenue) $3.3 Million, Total Viewers: 635,592
3. Sunny: Revenue) $0.5 Million, Total Viewers: 7,100,402
4. The Cat: Two Eyes That See Death: Revenue) $0.1 Million, Total Viewers: 655,725
5. Leafie, a Hen Into the Wild: Revenue) $54 Thousand, Total Viewers: 35,355
6. Dream of a Memorable Day: Revenue) $8 Thousand, Total Viewers: 43,487
7. Poongsan: Revenue) $6 Thousand, Total Viewers: 710,230
8. White: The Cursed Melody: Revenue) $4 Thousand, Total Viewers: 790,019
9. Play: Revenue) $2 Thousand, Total Viewers: 10,364
10. Mother Kkaturi: Revenue) $634, Total Viewers: 18,395
*Revenue is over the weekend and is approximate
Featured Film of the Week: The Frontline
“The Frontline” is a war movie based towards the end of the Korean War. Go Soo and Sin Ha-Gyoon star in the film. Here is a basic synopsis: In 1951 a ceasefire is declared between North Korea and South Korea. However, the two remaining armies fought their final battle on the front line.
A South Korean battalion is fiercely battling over a hill on the front line border against the North in order to capture a strategic point that would determine the new border between two nations. The ownership of this small patch of land would swap multiple times. Kang (Played by Sin Ha-Gyoon) is dispatched to the front line in order to investigate the tacit case that’s been happening there.
But he gets spiraled into the war that’s more terrifying than death itself when he meets his friend Kim Soo Hyuk (Played by Go Soo), who has transformed into a battle dog, and his unit. As the countdown for ceasefire begins, both sides become more vicious, resulting in many deaths.