[Ceci] It’s Magic! Quick Party Hair Tutorial Part 1: Retro Wave
You successfully picked out an outfit that matches the party’s dress code, but you just tightly tie your hair? What’s with that? If you remember perfect hairstyles coming from the hair salon, let’s learn a thing or two about how to style your hair for a party. Three hair artists who have fast and magic-like hands shared their secrets for a finished party style look.
“Between Night and Music” and “Youth Parade” are popular club hairstyles in the 70s and 80s. Sometimes, it’s good to try a retro look for a party style. What hairstyle does Director Lim Jin Ok recommend?
Lim Jin Ok (Style Floor Director)
“What do you think about hairstyles from the 1970s and 80s coming back this season? A party look with a downtown feel seems right. Put waves in your hair for volume and, if you want, you can make a ribbon with your bangs and put on a hairpiece for a cute look.”
Retro Wave Tutorial
Flip through the rest of the article to see how you can achieve retro waves without visiting a hair salon!
1. Use a brush to lift the hair and spray evenly.
2. Hold a small hair iron horizontally and wrap a small amount of hair- less than a finger’s width. Gently ease the hair out to keep the curls. Make sure to start curling from the inside layers first.
3. Spray the hair in an upward motion while it’s still warm from the hair iron. If the heat already disappeared, spray the hair and re-curl for safe measure.
4. If you don’t have a lot of hair, grab the upper part of the hair while you gently brush out the rest. If you have a lot of hair, use your fingers instead of a brush to separate the curls.
5. If you’re hair poofs up more than anticipated, fill a spray bottle with water and spray your hair from a far distance. Grab the top part of your hair, including your bangs, and tie it with a hair tie.
6. Wrap the tied hair in a circle and tie it with another hair tie. Take out half to create a ribbon. Grab more hair on the side and wrap it to create the other half of the ribbon. Use a pin to put it in place.
7. Take the strands from the ribbon to create the middle part of the ribbon. If your face is long, place the strands more on one side. If your face is round, place the strands exactly in the middle of the ribbon.
And ta-dah! Put on your party make up and accessorize for a finished look!