[Recap] Soompi Weekly Roundup – November Week 1
All the important Korean Entertainment news from this week in one place: This is your Weekly Soompi Roundup!
This week in celebrity news…
- Cute couple alert! Moon Geun Young and Kim Bum are dating! They’re not shy about it! They wore matching green jackets!
- Tony Ahn and Girls’ Day’s Hyeri have officially ended their huge-age-gap relationship.
- There’s a price that comes with fame. Now that his popularity has sky rocketed with his role in “Reply 1994,” Jung Woo had to deal with dating rumors about him, Kim Yoo Mi, and Kim Jin, and it’s not looking pretty. It’s even made him sick.
- Not all idols are forgoing their education. A Pink’s Son Na Eun, B1A4’s Sandeul, Rainbow’s Oh Seung Ah, and VIXX’s Hyuk received early admission acceptances from universities.
- Find out which idols took the dreaded suneung test! And I thought the SATs were bad…
- There must be something in the water! Former Jewelry member Lee Ji Hyun gave birth to a baby girl, and Go So Young and Kim Jung Hwa announced that they have become expecting mothers.
- Mate’s Jung Joon Il is the last celebrity solider to be discharged. Let’s put that in the past and eagerly anticipate Mate’s comeback!
- Congratulations to Hwang Young Jin on his marriage to his younger bride.
- Don’t follow his example kids, rapper Joo Suk was booked for a DUI. Korea has a great public transportation system, and cabs everywhere. That did not need to happen.
- Super Junior has been invited to speak at Oxford University. Maybe they’ll come back with hoity toity English accents?
- There are a lot of things I could say about the Jang Geun Suk and Kris’s scandal with the Chinese actress. I don’t know if I could say them without being dismissive of certain fandoms but this article proved to me that people get upset by just reading the title.
- Soompi live chat will begin in a few hours! Noona will be there so make sure you say hi!
The fashion pictorial of the week goes to Jung Woo for definitely not looking like “Trash.” Plus, I’m one of the few people who knew of him before he became famous and I am so proud of him!
Next…sometimes we need some healing.
The music video of the week goes to Yoo Seung Eun for her song that was definitely “Healing” to me. Plus the dancers of “Dancing 9” make the music video visually awesome too.
Other notable music videos:
- Troublemaker – “Now” No cut version
- Miss A – “Hush”
- Girls’ Generation – “My Oh My”
- Ze:A – “Step by Step”
- San. E – “Where Did You Sleep?” Feat. Verbal Jint and Swings
- Oh Ye Ri – “Because of You”
- Mr.Mr – “Do You Feel Me”
- VIXX – “Only U”
- Jin – “Gone”
In other music news…
- The top ten most influential entities of K-Pop have been named, but what do you think?
- Girls’ Generation won “Video of the Year” at the first YouTube Music Awards. They made a lot of One Direction, Lady Gaga, and other artists’ fans really confused, but hopefully they won’t undermine the power of K-Pop again.
- Woolim introduced the first three members of their upcoming girl group.
- A few of Primary’s songs have been accused of plagiarism, and the producer who is being compared, agrees. What do you think?
- g.o.d might come back! Click-B will come back! Sechs Kies and Fin.K.L might come back! Oh, the first generation idol feels!
- SM will be holding its first music festival, which is a string of performances and some exhibitions. Who wants to go?
- NU’EST will make their debut in China with an additional member as NU’EST-M. I’m curious to see how the new member will fit in.
- Do you know what albums and singles are coming out this week? We do.
Next…Korean dramas are all the same.
I don’t want to say that Korean dramas are repetitive, but we all know it. Here are some examples. Can you think of others?
In other drama news…
- It’s getting juicy on “The Heirs.” Check out our writer’s best moments of episode 7 and 8.
- Park Yoochun has been confirmed for the role as a president’s body guard in the upcoming drama “Three Days.” Park Ha Sun may be his leading lady.
- UEE and Jung Il Woo’s “Golden Rainbow” has started off with low ratings. It is very competitive right now, but hopefully it will pick up.
- Lee Bum Soo, Girls’ Generation‘s YoonA, and Yoon Shi Yoon had their first script reading for “Prime Minister and I.”
- The “Reply” series will end with “Reply 1994.” I’m thinking about watching “Reply 1994,” but I haven’t watched “Reply 1997.” I’ll be okay, right?
- This week the “2013 Grand Bell Awards” had beautiful celebrities on the red carpet and the movie “Physiognomy” (“Face Reader”) taking many awards. Find out the other winners here.
- Shin Se Kyung will be Big Bang‘s T.O.P’s love interest in “War of Flowers 2.” I think it’ll be fine, because it’s a gambling movie and you need a poker face right?
- Gong Yoo redefines “chocolate abs” in these “The Suspect” stills.
- f(x)’s Sulli has been invited to play a lead role in the upcoming movie “Fashion King.” She’s already busy with “Pirates” so does this mean it’ll be awhile until we see f(X) back on stage?
In other variety news…
- “Barefoot Friends” has been cancelled, and it might have been a mercy kill. I loved that show, but I’m a little relieved.
- “1 Night 2 Days” is going to have a huge cast revamp. People are leaving, and some new people might be joining.
- Idol dating is a hot topic, and Jewelry’s Yewon had some stuff to dish out.
- Cheesy Cheetos? Sounds dangerously delicious. Try out ZE:A‘s Kwanghee’s original snack.
- “Shinhwa Broadcast” is back, without Kim Dong Wan.
- “Our Neighborhood Arts and Physical Education” (oh my…the name is long…) might visit the Olympics!
- Kim Min Joon joins the cast of “I Live Alone.”
- Kahi and After School will appear on “SNL Korea.” Be prepared for a lot of sexy skits.